How to add SSH to base hassio image

So I have hassio installed on my Pi4, and in my HA I have both the Terminal & SSH and SSH & Web Terminal (Community Version) installed.
I would like to install a 3rd SSH server that would enable me to access my hassio at the same access level as I would if I were connecting with a keyboard and monitor directly to my Raspberry Pi.

Given that the base file system is mounted ‘read-only’, is this possible to achieve through a package manager or do I need to ‘roll’ my own image? Is there any documentation around that someone could point me to?

Thanks in advance.

See:

By the way : it is not called Hassio anymore, use Home Assistant OS (HA OS in short) instead.

@francisp : Thanks, but I already has this SSH Server installed.

What I am asking is how to add an SSH Server to the HA OS itself, rather than the HA Instance. That is, instead of logging in via the keyboard using credentials root with no password, I want to be able to login via SSH.

The above method is as close to bare metal as you can get. Instead of using that addon to load the keys, it is better to do it the official way, using a USB stick to load the keys:
Debugging the Home Assistant Operating System | Home Assistant Developer Docs (home-assistant.io)

This (and francisp’s) method is different than the SSH Addon. This gives you access outside the homeassistant container. Don’t forget to name the USB Drive “CONFIG”, I always forget that step!

It is also possible to alter the image to include a SSH Server in the image itself.
No problem, I’ll work out how to do that.