How to APsystems Modell EZ1-M monitoring

The problem with the complicated installation will be fixed with the new version of HA. And regarding the number, you’re right, that is the polling interval.

That’s very cool! Just noticed you’re work in the HA repo :+1:.

Do you happen to know how the transition from the custom component is going to work?

Will the new first-party integration be able to take over the entity names and historical data from the current solution?

I’m wondering if I should maybe uninstall the third-party integration for now and wait for the next HA release.

There will be no way to transition, unfortunately, but you can also just keep using the custom one, but it won’t receive any updates anymore. So if you can wait, do so.

A big Thank You from my side as well.

FYI, I have updated to Firmware 1.7.0 and as far as I can see, things continue to be working just nicely.

http http://192.168.180.82:8050/getDeviceInfo
{
    "data": {
        "devVer": "EZ1 1.7.0",          <------------
        "deviceId": "E07000045161",
        "ipAddr": "192.168.180.82",
        "maxPower": "600",
        "minPower": "30",
        "ssid": "HOMECTRL"
    },
    "deviceId": "E07000045065",
    "message": "SUCCESS"

}

1 Like

Okay, so this integration is now part of Home Assistant and I’ll archive the custom repo.

Perfect - that is working fine.
Note for others - if you want to keep your old data:

1. Make note of the sensor names that are used with the original HACS integration
  2. Delete HACS integration
  3. Rename sensors from the HA integrated integration to the names from step 1. New entity will inherit old entities history
3 Likes

That’s an awesome tip, thank you!

Thanks for posting your experience. That is very useful indeed! I was just going to ask if anyone already has managed to smoothly transition to the first-party integration.

Just installed the integration. However, the custum component integration by solarladen has two additional controls which I like. One is the ability to turn the inverter on/off and the second one allows to control the output-power of the inverter.

Would be nice, if those two controls are integrated in the integration in the next release.

1 Like

The PR for the output limiter has been there since even before the first release this integration got integrated.

I just installed my EZ1 with the offical HA integration and have the same problem as WebSpyder. Unfortunately no controls for the output power are shown.
There are only 9 Entities showing the power and energy status.
I am missing:

• APsystems WR-APSystems Max Output Power

• APsystems WR-APSystems Power Status

I am running on Firmware V1.7.1

The Max Output option was merged today and will be available in the next minor release. The switch will come sometime soon.

1 Like

Does anyone know how many inverters can be added using this integration - I have one at the moment but considering adding another 2-3.
Thanks

I can’t test it personally, it I’m pretty sure it works.

Thanks for the Integration. Was the main reason for buying ap System.

I did the Update to 2024.6 today, but there is still no max output option. Can you Tell when it will be realeased?

I Wonder if i can use the sonnenladen git in the meantime?

The first version of the official APsystems integration was introduced with 2024.6. It seems that the extensions didn’t make it into the latest Home Assistant minor update. Presumably the change/extension will then come with Home Assistant 2024.7 :wink: Just keep an eye on the changelogs of the latest releases Releases · home-assistant/core · GitHub

And yes, you can stay with the custom Integration in the meantime, till the official integration has all the features.

It is merged, but I honestly don’t have any clue why it isn’t included in a minor fix, so it should be in the next major release.

1 Like

Let me ask you a question. I was just wondering if anyone else has the problem that the inverter goes offline every few weeks and is not accessible via API for 1-2 days.

However, if you measure the power production at the plug, you can see that the inverter is actually online and producing power correctly.

Does anyone else have this problem or know what it could be?

I personally don’t have the problem and I’ve never received a report from other users with this error

I have the inverter integrated locally since the beginning of the month and have so far not had that problem. Occasionally polling will fail, but it always recovers after a couple of tries.