How to APsystems Modell EZ1-M monitoring

Hello,

I have an APsystems EZ1-M inverter, which has WLAN and Bluetooth on board. I would like to transfer the data from the system to Home Assistant. As far as I have seen, no ECU is compatible with the inverter. Does anyone here have any ideas?

Br

2 Likes

Hello,

I have the same Issue and no solution. Listening for your Feedback.

BR

1 Like

Same here. It’s a really good inverter and the app is working good too.

But I want integrate it in my home assistant

1 Like

Same, yesterday my solarpanels arrived with the EZ1 micro converter. Wants it too in Home Assistant.

2 Likes

I am interested in this inverter as well but I am still doing some research on how to integrate this in Home Assistant. I have already contacted APSystems but have no reply yet. Is there not something like an api available or web interface (since it has Wifi)?

Not really related to this thread, but can you also tell me where you have bought this inverter?

according to this YT channel there is an web API in the works and release expected soon

4 Likes

But, if I understand it correctly, it is an API working with the server in China, not a local API.

Very interested in this. I have a DIY set with the EZ1-m.
Works perfectly and also app is nice.

But would love to add this to HA.

Hope the api will be available soon.
Even if it is a china cloud solution for now.

Local will come later i hope.

I also plan to buy a “balcony power plant” (Balkonkraftwerk) with this inverter. It would be great if there was an integration option for Home Assistant.

Hi, just read, the cloud based API should be available end of october… let’s see…

Sounds great, where did you read that?

There is a comment from the German Youtuber “TipsTricksMore” on his video about the EZ1-M. Supposedly he is in contact with APSystems and the API is supposed to come in October. But unfortunately I couldn’t find anything from the official side yet.

1 Like

Are there any news about a HA integration?

I am eagerly looking for an API for the inverter. Does anybody have some information if there is a chance to access the current power information ?

I’ve been looking for it all the time, but so far I haven’t been able to find any official information about a public API or its development.

In the meantime, I simply connected a smart plug with ESPHome to the microinverter. I think even if an API comes along at some point, it won’t initially offer any more information than the smart plug. In addition, it does not rely on a cloud connection :wink:

Did you try a Bluetooth LE Sniffer ?
Or mirror traffic between your smartphone and the inverter to a tap. So you will discover their API.

I don’t think there is necessarily direct communication between the inverter and the app.
For example, I deactivated Bluetooth on our inverter after initial setup and can access its performance data via the app while on the go.
So the inverter sends “home” directly :wink:

You could also simply decompile the Android app and see which network addresses are used in the source code.

The IP address will simply be that of the inverter. We’d rather know the associated URIs.

No, the Inverter itself (currently) does not expose any endpoint on any port.

So mirror traffic between your smartphone and cloud provider. You will discover their API.