How to automate this mechanical ventilation?

I’ve exactly the same situation and have been reading several sites. This is what I think should be done:

• Include a Qubino Flush Dimmer 0-10V to the Z-Wave network
  • Set the first dip switch to ON (this is to switch on the 15V output on the white/blue connections on the left side of the board.
  • Connect the white/blue connections to the input of the Qubino
  • Connect the red/yellow connections to the 0-10V output of the Qubino

See also Buva manual (page 9).

I’m expecting to install and test this next week.

I am very curious, let me know if it works! :grinning:

I’ve integrated the Qubino Flush Dimmer 0-10V (ZMNHVD1) with my central fan system (Buva Q-Stream) and it works perfectly!

The first dip switch needs to be set to ON in order to enable the 0-10V input (the yellow/red connections on the left hand side of the RENSON CubeH20 board).

See picture below for the connections / installation.

1 Like

Wow cool. At the moment busy but hope to test it soon!

Btw, where did you get that red/green/blue/white cable from?

I got the same system (qsteam), just added the qubino 10v just like to pointed out. And yes it works. When i use the slider in my app i see the indicator on my main controller change and the vent goes faster or slower. So at this point where fine. But when i manualy try to change level on my main controller it freaks out. When use my slider on my app the indicator doesn,t work any more. And when i try to change it manualy it doesn’t response. (Only when i use the app)So my question is can you please send a screenshot of your settings / parameters.

I still had some cable at home, but you can use any cable of course. E.g. an old piece of telephony wire would do fine.

I disconnected (switched off) the main controller as I don’t need it anymore, so I didn’t experience this situation. Can’t you just switch off the main controller and use HA instead? I automated the fan by using the z-wave humidity sensor in my bathroom, so I never have to manually switch on/off the fan anymore.

Apologies for replying on an older post. I have a Zehnder MV and the manufacturer explicity advises to not use the original switches (RF) when using 0-10v input. I needed to remove the entire RF module. Otherwise you are risking damage to your MV. I’m assuming this is the same for other brands.

Using the Fibaro Qubino, can you slide and adjust the fan from 0 to 100% in HA? Or is it step-by-step?

I only tested a Qubino and with this module, the fan can be adjusted from 0-100%. I didn’t tested/used a Fibaro, so I don’t know if and how this works.

1 Like

Ah sorry, I meant Qubino! Good to read it can slide from 0-100%, thank you!

Been looking for a solution on automating my BuVa BoxStream II - 2009 here. One condition I had is to be able to use the Base controller that’s mounted inside the livingroom wall.

Since most modern BuVa systems are radio controlled out of the box, I’ve been searching for the BuVa radio protocol, but I can’t find an elucidating thread on radio protocol yet.

Wanted to share another interesting approach for automation by Niels De Klerk from our Homey colleagues. He included his mechanical ventilation to his home automation software without losing the base controller functionality by hooking up an ESP to the controller: https://community.athom.com/t/howto-buva-boxstream-mechanical-ventilation-hack/7596

I have a spare BuVa radio controller to crack open, but this method should be feasible for the base controller too.

Since I work with Shelly’s and ZigBee products mostly, installing a Zwave network and a Qubino controller on the BuVa would set me back €80 at least. Hope someone like me will take advantage from this idea

Any luck on the rf signals yet @Potterstraat ? I also think this would be the best option. I’m not sure if I understand the option with the Kaku correctly. It’s just 0-10v on an input in the box right? Isn’t the Shelly rgbw2 capable of doing this?

Sadly no updates on that radio protocol, I think it will take some serious reverse engineering or new newly published BuVa documentation to open that route. I didn’t dare to mess with the Shelly RGWB2 since I read in some documentation (can’t remember where) that it Shelly warns you to hook the RGWB to a fan… Also it would break the base controller functionality.

I went for the previously described option, the NodeMCU never misfired in the last couple of months, so I’m happy with that solution.

I just ordered a second rf controller to build this. Just to be sure: you only use the power supply that is connected to the wemos? So the battery in the rf controller is not needed right?

I think I will use esphome to flash the wemos. No coding required at all :slight_smile:

Correct, I use a NodeMCU, basically the same setup. ESPHome would indeed simplify this method even more

I also have a Buva Qstream (hygro version) which has inputs but not the 0-10V connection. Does anyone have an idea how to connect this to HomeAssistant. https://www.buva.nl/uploads/knowledge/q-stream-installatiehandleiding-2017-06.pdf
page9image3181140464|233.149000x157.324000

Hi everyone!

This is a slightly older Thread, but still relevant.
I have a Vaillant Recovair system and can control it via the Quobino. The Hardware part works well and the slider in the app (HA) now controls the ventilation.

Now the tricky part…
I want to have this automated based on sensor readings. My first attempt is to read humidity in the bedroom and have the ventilation automatically adjust within a certain range if certain thresholds are reached. Sadly I have no clue how to do this.
I managed to set up an automation that should increase the “brightness” of the Dimmer when the humidity exceeds 50% but I have no control over how much it increases or anything like that.
Also, so far it seems like the automation doesn’t trigger even if the value is reached…

Any pointers?
Thanks!

Hi I recently started with ha and I found this. Did you do jou have a working system. I ordered everything and made the connection to the remote. I programed the wemos with Arduino. But no succes. I can see the board in my wifi netwerk but if I type the IP adres the I get no response. You say in your reply that you Program the wemos thru esphome is there any documentation how to do that or can you help me?