How to best control and read from 'drone' rasp-pi's?

Hi -
I have HA installed on a VM on my NAS which is my master/main HA install. I’m setting up a few raspberry pi’s around the house to do certain things - one is going to be the cpu behind a touchscreen UI panel in the kitchen and an hdmi/CEC to a TV (pi 4 w/ 2 hdmi’s), and another is going to be in my attic with temp sensors on the gpio port and a usb rtl_433 listener for my weather station.

I’m trying to figure out how to use HA on these ‘remote’ devices so that I can achieve several things:
In the kitchen:

1. be a touchscreen UI panel (https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/o8ys14/dashboard_show_off_flush_10_touch_display/)
  2. control the touchscreen power/sleep state (like, turn the touchscreen off at night and on in the morning, tho i’m not sure if the touchscreen is CEC capable)
  3. Control the kitchen TV (HDMI-CEC, power on/sleep, change input, change volume)
  4. Read temp data from a gpio one-wire temp sensor
  5. bluetooth to kitchen devices (like this - Anova sous vide control over MQTT)

Attic:

1. Read weather station data (rtl 433 - RTL_433 to MQTT with Acurite Weather Sensors and Itron Water Meter)
  2. Read power/water/gas meter stats (same post but further down - RTL_433 to MQTT with Acurite Weather Sensors and Itron Water Meter - #2 by gregmac)
  3. read temp data from multiple gpio one-wire temp sensors

What’s the best way to go about linking these devices back to HA? I want to read and log the weather station and energy meter data, i want to log the ambient temp in the kitchen, and I want to be able to push a button on a lovelace panel from my phone or from the touchscreen and change the kitchen tv from hdmi1 to hdmi2 or turn it on and off, etc.

Thanks!

• a newb

I’d go with MQTT for the transport protocol. You’ve already provided links to many pieces of software that use it.

This looks quite useful. I’ve never used it though.