How to capture current value

Hey everyone,

I’m working at the moment in a new integration idea (I’m also very new in home automation. I started 2 weeks ago, so my knowledge is somehow limited).

Since this automation would need to get measurement of the electrical use, I’ve started to analyse the different statuses and their consumption. I’ve checked the results with what home assistant sensor let me play with.

However, I noticed this value, which I can’t seem to find where it’s coming from.

This is the reading of the device in on, but stand by mode. It has 0 W, but has a positive value on the amps. I would like to access that value, but I can’t find it.

I’ve checked on the link page, created a new entry, supposed it’s part of HAElectricalMeasurements… but then, I’ve no idea. I tried a few entries, without success. I do find the value that already are defined (such as Energy and Power), but I can’t find that value with amps.

Does anybody know where this value is stored ? I’m using a NOUS A1Z plug.

Thank you very much for your help

Based on your screenshot the device is connected via Zigbee2MQTT
https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/devices/A1Z.html
Not all features are automatically added via HA discovery.
Use MQTT explorer to check if the value is published ( “current”)
Then you can add it manually via the MQTT integration.

Yes, you’re right. I’m using Zigbee2MQTT. It’s what I’ve tried so far, but there are so many options. I tried those that could be. But that reference you gave me is having those options for the plug itself. That’s very good to know. I’ll try to make sense of these information when I come back home. Many thanks for the help !

Edit : OH ! I found it ! It was indeed the current value. The reason why I couldn’t identify it is because the value is 1000 times to big (sensor shows 275 when the readin should be 0.28 A). so to gets the proper Amps, I should have a divide by 1000. I’ll look later how to do that (if possible).

Thank you again !

1 Like