How to change Hass.Io Docker installation configuration folder?

Hey guys ,

Recently moved from Home Assistant to Hass.io docker install .

In Home Assistant it was easy to pick the configuration folder from a parameter at runtime.

How can I change my default configuration folder in a docker installation of Hass.io ?

I have multiple templates I want to try and being limited to using /usr/share/hassio/homeassistant as my main configuration folder would be extremely cumbersome for being able to switch easily between each different setup .

Couldn’t really find any info on how to do this .

Thanks !

i used this command to install Hassio in an OpenMediaVault system specifying config folder:

curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/home-assistant/hassio-installer/master/hassio_install.sh | bash -s -- -d "/home/dockeruser/.config/hassio".
you can have more info here:

you can look at parameters options.

it make everything needed for install and run docker.

Now i see this command running on my nas:

root@nas:/srv/dev-disk-by-label-mythfs# ps -ef|grep docker|grep hassio
root      6351  6313  0 Oct25 ?        00:00:10 docker run --name hassio_supervisor --privileged --security-opt apparmor=hassio-supervisor --security-opt seccomp=unconfined -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -v /var/run/dbus:/var/run/dbus -v /home/dockeruser/.config/hassio:/data -e SUPERVISOR_SHARE=/home/dockeruser/.config/hassio -e SUPERVISOR_NAME=hassio_supervisor -e HOMEASSISTANT_REPOSITORY=homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant homeassistant/amd64-hassio-supervisor

Bye

1 Like

Copying my comment from Reddit over here for others to see.

From that link you will find a link to the GitHub repo.

Located in the table is this:

For an installation you already have running, the script sets up the share as:
DATA_SHARE=${DATA_SHARE:-$PREFIX/share/hassio}, which translates to /usr/share/hassio/homeassistant

You should be able to edit this directory path in the hassio-supervisor script. /usr/sbin/hassio-supervisor appears to be the default location if I am reading the script correctly.

1 Like