How to change switch to dimmer (light) with new rfxtrx GUI configuration?

I am using 0.117 and really like the new rfxtrx integration but how do I convert a switch to dimmer.
In earlier versions I changed the bit 01 to 02 in the configuration file but how do I do it in the GUI?
0b11000248bc0cfe09 01 0f70
0b11000248bc0cfe09 02 0f70

Thanks in advance

You need to remove the old device through UI and then re-add it through the UI with the adapted code.

Thanks I missed the step to first remove

To be fair, it’s not 100% clear in the docs, probably a good idea to clarify that.

Hi, where can i find the code that Peter is changing? My kaku dimmable plugs/devices are not working correctly. I had to start from scratch with rfxtrx because the integration was crashing. now HA is only sending on / off commands, previously i could set the brightness level and the light would jump to that brightness. could even ask google to put the light at 50% .

Managed to fix it, deleted the entry in rfxtrx integration and added the ID I got from an old backup with modified digit…

Where can I find the current device id and where can I set the changed device id? I don’t have these values in an old backup like you have, since I just started using home assistant this year. RFXCOM is working fine, but there’s nothing in my configuration.yaml file and I have two KAKU dimmers that were added as switches that I need to convert.

Can this still be done in the current versions of Home Assistant and the RFXTRX integration? I can’t seem to find these device codes anywhere, nor a place to change them. I’ve only started using HA this year, so there’s nothing in my config.yaml file.

What ID are you referring to? Having the same issues.

Hi Robbie,

What adapted code do you mean? Where can I find it?

I’ve been searching for hours to switch a dimmer between 30% and 100%. The dimmer is used for the fan of our home ventilation.

I finally fixed it by removing RFXcom integration and doing it manually.
I added the following code to configuration.yaml:

command_line:
  - switch:
      name: Ventilation
      command_off: 'echo -e -n "\x0B\x11\x00\x01\x00\xAA\xD5\x1E\x05\x02\x04\x00" > /dev/serial/by-id/usb-RFXCOM_RFXtrx433XL_DO4Z0PDN-if00-port0'
      command_on:  'echo -e -n "\x0B\x11\x00\x00\x00\xAA\xD5\x1E\x05\x02\x0F\x00" > /dev/serial/by-id/usb-RFXCOM_RFXtrx433XL_DO4Z0PDN-if00-port0'
      unique_id: buva

I hope it helps others in their quest :slight_smile:

great that you made it work!
I also use RFXcom, with the integration. I use scripts for On/Off/Dimming

- service: rfxtrx.send
  data_template:
    event: 0B11000100AAD51E05020400