How to clean up doubled devices?

I managed to get some z-wave devices showing up twice while working through many options in trying to get zwave-js working. I’d like to go full MQTT - that is, use the mosquito broker, ZWaveJStoMQTT, and z-wave js.

In the end, should my devices show up in the device list as MQTT or as z-wave js?

Finally, how do I clean up these doubled devices? What to delete and where to delete them? Does a repair, exclude/include/etc need to occur for these devices?

I just responded on your other post, but this info gives some updated context to it

It sounds like you have zwavejs2mqtt and are using both the zwavejs integration, which uses websockets, and mqtt, which uses the mqtt broker. This will indeed create two of each device- one controlled by mqtt, the other controlled by websockets .

Usually you choose one way or the other. If you prefer mqtt, you should remove the zwavejs integration, like this from the integrations page:

If you still need the zwavejs integration for whatever reason, you can go in and disable each device so only one shows up.

Go to the zwavejs integration, click entities, select them all, then click the circle with a slash through them to disable all the duplicates.

This won’t be necessary

Thank you for both replies! Trying some things now based on your input. :crossed_fingers:

In the end, the fix was to switch from Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 to Gen5 Plus. Hopefully this a useful piece of info to others.

What was it in Gen5 that was changed in Gen5+ ?
Any links or references?