How to connect to the OpenZWave (beta) VNC server from laptop VNC client?

I’ve got the OZW 1.6 beta running fine, but the webUI version of the VNC has a very small resolution, and I’m doing a lot of scrolling for configuration. I’d like to connect using my laptop VNC client.

I’m running Hassio, can someone please help me configure the proper port forwarding? I’ve tried playing around with the Host in the ‘Network’ area under Configuration, but anything I put in there causes OZW to not start properly, so I have to leave Disabled.

Thanks!

You should be able to put “1983” in the port number field in the network section and have the addon start unless something else is already using that port. That seems unlikely. Once you do that, using the desktop ozw-admin app is far superior to trying to access the built-in version via VNC: https://github.com/OpenZWave/ozw-admin/releases/tag/V0.1.74.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. So I have OZW-Admin, but when I try to connect to my Hassio instance on the RPi, it times out trying to connect. I’m pretty sure its because Hassio has locked down the ports. I’m looking for a way to get those port 1983 requests into the ozwdaemon process itself.

Briliant solution!