How to control Mitsubishi Ducted Air Conditioner - Mr Slim

Hi,
I have a Mitsubishi Mr Slim Ducted Air Conditioner. It has no remote control, just a digital touchpad on the wall. I would like to connect to it with Home Assistant, preferably to control it. Is there a way I can modify this and add a wifi controller?
I understand controlling the vents would be simple enough through a Sonoff or Shelly, focus is on the temperature controller.
Many thanks.

I know nothing about those units, but the best bet would be if you can use this. https://github.com/SwiCago/HeatPump

We have one of these at work. From memory the pdf manual mentions an optional infrared panel can be plugged into it, that would then give you a way to control it a bit easier.

We’re you able to get this working?

No, I could not convert so I cheated and purchased a switchbot. It works well!!

1 Like

Did you get the ducted controls to work with Shelly/sonoff? I have almost the identical question but am using a Panasonic aircon that also has just on/off at the wall controller and my zones panel is beside it, I’ve got 5 zones for the house, one of which I never use so I figure two Shelly2.5 would work perfectly

I’ve had a look and don’t have a 240v Neutral Wire hence need to organise to drop one down the cavity. Then I would go with the Shelly 2.5. I haven’t done it yet however sure it will work.