How to "curl" configuration.yalm?

I would like to know if there is a way to “curl” the configuration.yalm file from Home Assistant. I’m trying to develop a simple app (studies purpose only) that shows my Home Assistant lights, I read the API documentation and found no way on how I could get those entities from HA, so I thought I could get the configuration file directly and generate the entities from there, but I have no idea on how to do so. Treat me as the noob that I am, thanks.

What exactly do you want to do? Just show the entities? Show history?

You can always use the REST API to query/control home assistant.

I want to be able to show the entities and interact with them in this test app, so in the case of my lights (that uses the MQTT protocol) would be to subscribe “ON”/“OFF” to them. I looked into the REST API but I couldn’t find a way to get each entity, is it possible?

Thanks for the response, I appreciate it.

What about the [api/states] endpoint (https://developers.home-assistant.io/docs/api/rest/#get-apistates)? Fo a GET request and you get all entities and their current state etc.

Why do you not subscribe to the the same topic in your test app instead of going through home assistant?

Unfortunately, with api/states I wouldn’t be able to get each entity mqtt topic :frowning:
As for the other question, yes I could hard code each entity topic and call it a day. Though it’s just a test app, I would like to flexibly get each entity, that way, for example, if I add another entity to my HA I wouldn’t have to update my app’s code. But if that’s just not possible, I am ok with it.

Answer (FTP Protocol)

Just found out the answer while looking through HA's addons list, there's an awesome addon made by Frenck that adds the FTP protocol into HA, so if you, like me, needs to get the configuration file (or any other file really) for some reason, you can use this addon. [Here's the link to the repo](https://github.com/hassio-addons/addon-ftp).

Thanks a lot @Burningstone for taking your time and answering me.