How to debug homeassistant.helpers.template warnings?

My HA log is full of the following errors:

2021-09-06 12:26:56 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.template] Template variable warning: 'dict object' has no attribute 'click' when rendering '{{ value_json.click }}'
2021-09-06 12:29:50 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.template] Template variable warning: 'dict object' has no attribute 'click' when rendering '{{ value_json.click }}'
2021-09-06 12:45:16 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.template] Template variable warning: 'dict object' has no attribute 'click' when rendering '{{ value_json.click }}'
2021-09-06 13:17:28 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.template] Template variable warning: 'dict object' has no attribute 'click' when rendering '{{ value_json.click }}'
2021-09-06 13:20:00 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.template] Template variable warning: 'dict object' has no attribute 'click' when rendering '{{ value_json.click }}'
2021-09-06 13:35:21 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.template] Template variable warning: 'dict object' has no attribute 'click' when rendering '{{ value_json.click }}'
2021-09-06 14:08:01 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.template] Template variable warning: 'dict object' has no attribute 'click' when rendering '{{ value_json.click }}'
2021-09-06 14:10:11 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.template] Template variable warning: 'dict object' has no attribute 'click' when rendering '{{ value_json.click }}'
2021-09-06 14:25:29 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.template] Template variable warning: 'dict object' has no attribute 'click' when rendering '{{ value_json.click }}'
2021-09-06 15:00:20 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.template] Template variable warning: 'dict object' has no attribute 'click' when rendering '{{ value_json.click }}'

There is no specific cycle for these errors (so it is not “cron” based). The issue points to click which suggests a switch - I have no usage of click in any of my files (YAML or others). I also do not use {{ value_json.click }} anywhere.

I do not think that the issue is with an integration - no use of {{ value_json.click }} anywhere.

So it leaves the core HA.

Is there a good way to apprehend this problem to debug where the warning comes from?

Do you use packages or blueprints?

No I don’t. I did not even know about packages that seem to be a nice feature I will read about.

It looks like some sort of remote control event receiver.

Appear to be similar problem here-

Its related to Zigbee2Mqtt according to the thread above. Did you happen to also use it?

Additional info provided by OP to disable click event-

I have all kind of devices (but not a remote control) but I do not use the YAML-based solutions for automation. All the automation goes though pyscript using either raw MQTT events, or states in HA.

I am under the impression that the {{ value_json.click }} construction is something that would extract data from a JSON message, as part of the YAML (built-in) processing of JSON messages. This is what points to external code (which I would be glad to help debugging)

Ahhh, thanks! Yes I do use Zigbee2MQTT for my Zigbee devices.
I will closely review the thread you pointed to. Thanks again.

This specific issue is related to the use of a legacy message in Zigbee2MQTT. See Xiaomi WXKG01LM control via MQTT | zigbee2mqtt.io about how to disable click

Hm, I’ve tried to do that but configuration.yaml doesn’t accept devices:. I do have devices.yaml but that doesn’t have any effect. I’ll ask on Zigbee2mqtt github. Tx.

Hm, I’ve tried to do that but configuration.yaml doesn’t accept devices: . I do have devices.yaml but that doesn’t have any effect. I’ll ask on Zigbee2mqtt github. Tx.