How to define ID for RFXCom’s component

It’s far from complete and because there wasn’t much reaction I haven’t completed the code.
I’ve looked really fast at the code and looking at the print statements it’s written in python 2 (i’m going to rewrite it for python3)
If you want I will complete the code or if you want to complete you can always fork the repository.

Hi @Sennevds
Thanks for the generator. It works great but my rf outlets use Energenie5.Etekcity (Energenie5 protocol I think).

I can work it fine from within RFXMNGR and I understand how to generate it with your generator but it doesn’t support the Energenie5 protocol.

Do you have any plans on adding this? I have no idea how to but would love to be able to control these outlets.

Thank you

this adds ELEC5 (energy5) to pyRFXtrx. it should be part of the next HA release.

i only tested the energy5 protocol against my revolt SF-436 (NC-5461), but it should work with others as well.

1 Like

hey @diplix these are energy monitors if i’m right?
How do you connect them with the rfxcom because I can generate an ID but does this device doesn’t have a static id or does it need to be set?

if you’re using the newest rfxtrx component and set automatic_add: True the energy monitors should be discovered and added automatically with a unique ID.

okay why do you want to use my script then? My script generates an id for remote switches which can’t be received by rfxcom but can be send.

i don’t. maybe i misunderstood @Skully’s question, who said he wanted to control outlets using the energy5 protocol. my answer tried to point out how to read sensor data that these outlets send using the energy5 protocol. there is of course no way to control these outlets, since the energy5-protocol is sensor based and only sends data. there is indeed no use case for your script for the energy5 protocol.

if skully’s etekcity outlets have switches, they’ll use another protocol for that.

Hello,

Yes I’d like to control my switches. I’ve managed to get them to turn on and off using the energy5 protocol on rfxmngr so I’d assumed that was the only way to control them.

@Sennevds - just wanted to say your script worked a treat for the Maplin remote control plug sockets I picked up today. They’re supported for RFXCom but only for transmit - the remote control doesn’t generate the codes automatically.

Using RFXMngr I confirmed they are type “COCO GRD2” under Lighting1 with a house code and unit code.

nice to hear i’m going to try to update the script this week to make it work for more types

I’m migrating from domoticz and have a lot of Nexa/AC stuff that I need to move over,
I don’t have any remote and some of the outlets are on places that are hard to reach.
So I have to try to figure out by hand how to get them into homeassistant based on the
the hex i got in the domoticz db. (Example: 0AFE25A, doorbell, Lighting2, AC). So even
if you didn’t get that much attention to your script it would be tremendous useful for us
switching over with lots and lots of already setup devices. Thanks!

Cheers!

this is from rflink gateway and the 4 button remote for livolo

Button A was -> echo ‘10;Livolo;00B1;8;ON’ > /dev/ttyACM0
Button B was -> echo ‘10;Livolo;00B1;16;ON’ > /dev/ttyACM0
Button C was -> echo ‘10;Livolo;00B1;56;ON’ > /dev/ttyACM0
Button D was -> echo ‘10;Livolo;00B1;42;ON’ > /dev/ttyACM0

42 = GROUP OFF

thanks I will try to update the script next week

Thank you Sennevds, I will try this when I get home from work. Too bad the devs don’t understand the need to set up devices by putting in device id’s.

I have put off changing from domoticz because there is no good way for me to set up my devices. I have never had any remote controls with the codes and my Nexa switches are only receiving. As previously stated in this thread, auto detecting new devices by receiving is not allways the best and easy way of setting up.

I see the need for it, but it is very low on my priority list…
You are welcome to make a pull request to add this feature.

@diplix you write that your change to add ELEC5 support should be part of the next HA release (which was in February). I’m trying to set up an ELEC5 power monitor with a rfxtrx right now (I’m on 0.48.1) but for some reason it seems that HA still does not understand this sensor: The sensor shows up with the following values:

Sensor Status: Panic
Battery numeric: 9
Rssi numeric: 4

So I guess it’s interpreted wrong!? Can you confirm your changes are part of a current HA release? Any tips on getting this working?

Edit: actually I think this sensor was a stray reading (maybe some of my neighbors devices). I do not see my power reader in the logs at all. When connecting the rfxtrx to my Windows system I do see regular updates posted. so I know the rxtrx is configured correctly, only HA isn’t picking it up.

i only tested it with my revolt energy meter, possibly missed something while implementing that. when i’m back from vacation i’ll have look at that.

Thanks for the fast reply. Meanwhile I dug a bit more into this and it seems to me that pyRXtrx is resetting the supported modes on connecting: https://github.com/Danielhiversen/pyRFXtrx/issues/57

Enjoy your vacation.

@Skully I just created a PullRequest to add the missing Energenie5 protocol.

i’ve merged your pullrequest

1 Like