How to display the weather like this (Pic attached)

@anon35356645 make sure you have all the entities defined in your darksky config.

Here is mine:

platform: darksky
api_key: !secret darksky_apikey
update_interval: ‘01:00’
forecast:
monitored_conditions:
- temperature
- temperature_min
- temperature_max
- apparent_temperature
- wind_speed
- humidity
- precip_probability
- precip_intensity
- pressure
- wind_bearing
- icon
- precip_type
- precip_intensity
- precip_probability
- precip_accumulation
- daily_summary

I have more then yours but missing - precip_accumulation

- platform: darksky
    api_key: !secret darksky_api_key
    update_interval: '00:05:00'
    monitored_conditions:
      - summary
      - icon
      - nearest_storm_distance
      - nearest_storm_bearing
      - precip_type
      - precip_intensity
      - precip_probability
      - temperature
      - apparent_temperature
      - dew_point
      - wind_speed
      - wind_bearing
      - cloud_cover
      - humidity
      - pressure
      - visibility
      - ozone
      - minutely_summary
      - hourly_summary
      - daily_summary
      - temperature_max
      - temperature_min
      - apparent_temperature_max
      - apparent_temperature_min
      - precip_intensity_max

no same problem here even after adding - precip_accumulation

entity not found: sensor.dark_sky_precip_1`

you dont have forecast!!

whats the correct format??

forecast: 1

forecast:

this is the correct.

STrangely I put 3, thinking of getting 3 days of foreasts and a set of 3 sensors, but not I get only _3 sensors … strange???

strange is that you think its strange while it is explained in the docs.

forecast array (Optional): List of days in the 7 day forecast you would like to receive data on, starting with tomorrow as day 1. Any monitored_condition with a daily forecast by DarkSky will generate a sensor tagged with _.

so if you want 3 days its:

forecast:

yep that is embarrassing and its mine ofc :slight_smile: already submitted the PR

I am getting entity not found found sensor.dark_sky_precip_1. Have read all of you posts and tried everything but no luck. here is my configuration.yaml code and my hadashboard code. Did notice that precip_type is the only sensor that is not set up when I look at the stats.

api_key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    update_interval:
      minutes: 20
    monitored_conditions:
      - summary
      - precip_type
      - precip_probability
      - precip_intensity
      - precip_accumulation 
      - temperature
      - wind_speed
      - wind_bearing
      - cloud_cover
      - humidity
      - pressure
      - visibility
      - temperature_max
      - temperature_min
      - icon
      - apparent_temperature

weather:
widget_type: weather
entity: group.weather
title: Today
units: “°F”
show_forecast: 1
forecast_title: Tomorrow

here is the html source. from my hadashboard display

widgets[“default-weather”] = new baseweather(“default-weather”, “”, “default”, {‘widget_type’: ‘baseweather’, ‘fields’: {‘title’: ‘Today’, ‘show_forecast’: 1, ‘prefer_icons’: 0, ‘unit’: ‘’, ‘wind_unit’: ‘’, ‘pressure_unit’: ‘’, ‘rain_unit’: ‘’, ‘temperature’: ‘’, ‘humidity’: ‘’, ‘precip_probability’: ‘’, ‘precip_intensity’: ‘’, ‘precip_type’: ‘’, ‘wind_speed’: ‘’, ‘pressure’: ‘’, ‘wind_bearing’: ‘’, ‘apparent_temperature’: ‘’, ‘icon’: ‘’, ‘bearing_icon’: ‘mdi-rotate-0’, ‘precip_type_icon’: ‘mdi-umbrella’, ‘forecast_title’: ‘Tomorrow’, ‘forecast_temperature_min’: ‘’, ‘forecast_temperature_max’: ‘’, ‘forecast_icon’: ‘’, ‘forecast_precip_probability’: ‘’, ‘forecast_precip_type’: ‘’, ‘forecast_precip_type_icon’: ‘mdi-umbrella’}, ‘entities’: {‘icon’: ‘sensor.dark_sky_icon’, ‘temperature’: ‘sensor.dark_sky_temperature’, ‘apparent_temperature’: ‘sensor.dark_sky_apparent_temperature’, ‘humidity’: ‘sensor.dark_sky_humidity’, ‘precip_probability’: ‘sensor.dark_sky_precip_probability’, ‘precip_intensity’: ‘sensor.dark_sky_precip_intensity’, ‘precip_type’: ‘sensor.dark_sky_precip’, ‘pressure’: ‘sensor.dark_sky_pressure’, ‘wind_speed’: ‘sensor.dark_sky_wind_speed’, ‘wind_bearing’: ‘sensor.dark_sky_wind_bearing’, ‘forecast_icon’: ‘sensor.dark_sky_icon_1’, ‘forecast_temperature_min’: ‘sensor.dark_sky_daily_low_temperature_1’, ‘forecast_temperature_max’: ‘sensor.dark_sky_daily_high_temperature_1’, ‘forecast_precip_probability’: ‘sensor.dark_sky_precip_probability_1’, ‘forecast_precip_type’: 'sensor.dark_sky_precip_1’}, ‘css’: {}, ‘static_css’: {‘title_style’: ‘color: #00aaff;’, ‘unit_style’: ‘color: #ffaa00;’, ‘main_style’: ‘color: #ffaa00;’, ‘sub_style’: ‘color: #00aaff;’, ‘sub_unit_style’: ‘color: #00aaff;’, ‘widget_style’: ‘background-color: #444;’}, ‘icons’: {‘snow’: ‘mdi-snowflake’, ‘rain’: ‘mdi-umbrella’, ‘sleet’: ‘mdi-weather-snowy-rainy’, ‘unknown’: ‘mdi-umbrella’}, ‘static_icons’: [], ‘entity’: ‘group.weather’, ‘title’: ‘Today’, ‘units’: ‘°F’, ‘show_forecast’: 1, ‘forecast_title’: ‘Tomorrow’, ‘namespace’: ‘default’})

I did try to change the confg.yaml to this format and got different strange results.

api_key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    forecast:
    update_interval:
      minutes: 20
    monitored_conditions:
      - summary
      - precip_type
      - precip_probability
      - precip_intensity
      - precip_accumulation 
      - temperature
      - wind_speed
      - wind_bearing
      - cloud_cover
      - humidity
      - pressure
      - visibility
      - temperature_max
      - temperature_min
      - icon
      - apparent_temperature

I am also having issues, but realized Home Assistant is not creating the _1 sensors for Darksky. Check States (<>) under Developer tools to see if HA has the Sensors

Ensure you spelled forecast correctly everywhere as well

I have checked the spelling of forecast and all seems good. And, you are right, I have no sensors with a _1 generated in the Developer tools view (<>). In my config.yaml file I have all of the dark_sky sensors in a group which displays in my overview. Did you specifically define the _1 sensors or are you saying they should be generated automatically by dark_sky?

Thanks

Should be generated automatically

you get them if you have

forecast:

in your setup, above the sensors

edit: and real yaml!! so yaml rules.

only 1 and not 2 spaces behind a -

and 2 spaces and not 3 spaces before it if you use 2 everywhere else

I get all the expected forecast sensors that I’m supposed to in home assistant, but I wonder if there’s any way to get the widget to display more than 1 day in the future? For example, I’d expect something like this to work for widget settings:

show_forecast:

but no go. It seems no matter what argument I give to show_forecast, I only see the next day’s (_1) forecast

a widget has only a certain amount of space.
so by design you wont get more then 1 day.

but you can create more then 1 widget and then show day 1 in the first, day 2 in the second and day 3 in the third widget.
all you have to do is use the widget sensor settings that are given in the documentation:

sample_weather:
  title: Today
  show_foreacast: 1
  prefer_icons: 1
  forecast_title: Tomorrow
  sensors:
    icon: sensor.dark_sky_icon
    temperature: sensor.dark_sky_temperature
    apparent_temperature: sensor.dark_sky_apparent_temperature
    humidity: sensor.dark_sky_humidity
    precip_probability: sensor.dark_sky_precip_probability
    precip_intensity: sensor.dark_sky_precip_intensity
    precip_type: sensor.dark_sky_precip
    pressure: sensor.dark_sky_pressure
    wind_speed: sensor.dark_sky_wind_speed
    wind_bearing: sensor.dark_sky_wind_bearing
    forecast_icon: sensor.dark_sky_icon_1
    forecast_temperature_min: sensor.dark_sky_daily_low_temperature_1
    forecast_temperature_max: sensor.dark_sky_daily_high_temperature_1
    forecast_precip_probability: sensor.dark_sky_precip_probability_1
    forecast_precip_type: sensor.dark_sky_precip_1

and replace 1 with 2 or 3.

Thanks Rene. I suspect that solution above will result in multiple “forecast” widgets, each of which having the “Today/Now” sensor readings (which will be redundant) in addition to the desired forecast.

What inspired me, and ultimately led me to this thread, was this post and how the forecast is laid out here https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/8agpch/might_as_well_jump_on_the_bandwagon_raspberry_pi/

https://i.redd.it/8pfue4rv0gq01.jpg

I’ll play around with what you suggested. Many many thanks for your contributions

1 Like

i know there is another topic here on the forum (cant find it so fast) which shows how to configure your dashboard like that.

that is however a custom widget and not the default weather widget.

How did you display your widgets over the image? Mine is solid and I want to show it as transparent?

to change the background from a widget to transparant you can use the css style rgba

if you use “background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5)” that says

use the rgb colors from the first 3 digits (in this case 3 times 0 means black, 3 times 255 is white)
the last digit is the transparancy and is something between 0 and 1, where 0 is non visible and 1 is none transparant.

you can read more about that (or any other css) on this site:

https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/func_rgba.asp

1 Like

yes thats correct - ive added the forecast option and its only for one day. to be honest it can be added in the widget (you should try! its easy :slight_smile: )
I think Andrew wants to have more complex/configurable widgets so it might be a good addition.