How to downgrade zigbee2MQTT

Hi,
I’m running several devices on zigbee2MQTT through a CC2531. As mentioned Koenkk himself, there are issues with version 1.14.4: https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt/issues/4430#issuecomment-697176363

As most of my devices are not working, I’m trying to downgrade as suggested. How can I downgrade considering that I’m running the HA addon from @danielwelch?

Thanks

Alternatively, I was thinking that it mught be easier to stop the add-on, install and start the other from dev branch? Would it keep the configuration and database of devices?
This way could be easier to switch back to the main branch once the issue will be fixed?

As far as I know, new version of Zigbee2mqtt will come out this evening.

@gaggio There is no easy rollback in Home Assistant for add-on versions. You could setup a repository for yourself and have the right config with version in there.
If the fixes are already part of the latest updates, you could try edge version of the add-on.

There is a RFC for the Home Assistant Supervisor to allow better version management & rollbacks, but that is not yet available.

ah that’s good news, might just be patient and give up on some automations for today

yes the comment by koenkk mentions the edge version would solve, but I was wondering how the switch between versions would work.
Can I stop the master addon, install the edge one, copy the configuration, and assume it will find the database of devices? As long as the data path is the same data_path: /share/zigbee2mqtt?
Of course the priority here is not to screw things up even more!

The add-ons share the data path /share/zigbee2mqtt so all your devices would be there.
Steps to use Edge (even if temporary):

• Stop the Stable add-on
  • Backup your add-on configuration (add-on options)
  • Make sure you disable the Start on boot for Stable add-on
  • Backup your data from /share/zigbee2mqtt - Use Samba or some sort of file sharing to copy it off the device (this is just for safety, not necessary)
  • Install Edge
  • Set the Edge configuration / add-on options to the ones you got from the Stable one - Bonus you can enable the frontend using those settings (you would be missing the config if you overwrite all with your Stable config)
  • Start the Edge add-on

I also have both Edge and Stable, and right now I’m using Edge because of the Frontend feature. The move was seamless.

There is a feature requested wtih the Supervisor to allow downgrades: https://github.com/home-assistant/supervisor/issues/1843

1 Like

Great, my system is back up now, thanks

1 Like