How to edit a "Riemann sum integral" helper

Hey,
how can I edit a Rieman sum integral helper? I added this helper as a energy meter, but I want to check which input sensor is used and what integration time is used, because my dashboard shows wrong values.

I checked the config/configurations.yml, but there is nothing and with the wizard I can only set the round.

Second question: The Integration time should be “hours”, right?

best regards

3 Likes

I also have this question. I can’t find any way to modify an entity created with this helper. I suppose I can delete and remake it, but that seems unnecessary.

You can use the developer tools menu to change the state. I was after a means of doing this from an automation/script but haven’t found a way.

That does not survive a restart!

I found my source entities in config/.storage/core.config_entries and have edited the source: and it survived a restart.

With all the advancements in the HA UI, this is an oversight!

9 Likes

Thanks for the tip!
This helped me a lot, I can now even change the source of the sensor.
Indeed an oversight, maybe something for the next WTH, but hopefully earlier :wink: :wink:

To add to that: I would also expect a reset button in the UI, or even better: a way to set it to any value. The workaround I found is to manually edit the value of the integration state in this file: /config/.storage/core.restore_state
This must be done when HA is not running.

This is the best post I’ve seen on this subject:

1 Like