How to Enable ADD-ONS when installing home assistance via pip

Hi:
I am a newbie with homeassistant. and have been meaning to switch over from using SmartThings to Homeassistant. With that preamble, I followed the instructions as provided here :

This site basically walked me through setting up homeassistance on Ubuntu using Virtual Env/Python.
The installation was relatively painless. However I am unable to add the DuckDNS add-on to enable the letsEncrypt way of enabling https and integration with SmartThings as I do not see the ADD-ONs option that is supposedly available in the UI.
If add-ons cannot be enabled in the UI (because o fthe install), can I still have add-ons via some configuration file ? (and restart the home assistant server)

I am running homeassistant on an old HP laptop with Ubuntu 20.04 installed. If the best way to have this enabled is via a Homeassistant install via Docker container, what version of Docker should I be using?

I would very much appreciate any help I can get on this Thanks

Ramdev

You don’t get add-ons with the installation method you used.

it’s easiest to just go with the Home Assistant OS install.

just use the HA installation docs to get it installed or if you really want to follow that (potentially out of date) third party instruction then go to this section: