How to enable my disabled entity again (zIggoNet)

It happened to me on Samsung, and I went to the integration page and there was a button “enable”

There must be a bug because if I disable the integration from there that was not disabled by config but from the UI.

I’m having the same issue but with cover.garage_door which is provided by the now removed (and no way to get it back) MyQ integration. So there is no way to re-enable the entity via the Integration and no way to even install the integration as it’s toast.

I’ve seen references here on editing files directly, but there are also comments on that shouldn’t be done, and besides, I’m not sure how to even locate those files, let alone edit them. There’s no step by step guide or documentation as someone said because end-users aren’t expected to be editing them, but the UI isn’t able to address this issue, so we are all a bit stuck.

With the recent demise of MyQ, I can’t be the only one with this same problem…

similar issue here with ESPHome Shelly-Plus-1PM device flashed ESPHome firmware. device and all entities show as disabled by config and cannot be enabled in UI. what is wired: i never disabled it…

so here is what helped me:

go to the device page in HA and open that “ESPHome”-Link shown:

Bildschirmfoto 2024-01-24 um 17.20.13

then on the device list i click on the tree dots:

here i disable the device (even though it is already disabled by config, the UI at that point doesn’t seem to know about it being disabled.)

Bildschirmfoto 2024-01-24 um 17.20.50

after this disable action the “enable” button shows in the list and clicking it re-enables the device and all entities underneath.
hope it helps someone.

2 Likes

Thanks for this…you pointed me in the right direction to re-enable my device…disable the integration tied to the disabled device, then re-enable the integration. This re-enabled my disabled device.

Thank you. This was the solution!