How to exclude Echo devices from the HASS integration

I am seeing a number of Alexa related errors in my logs and as a first step I would like to reduce the number of Echos that are integrated into HASS. I have around 20 Echo devices and only really need a small subset to be usable within HASS. The configuration page:

…seems to only address the filtering of HASS entities from Alexa but not Alexa from HASS.

Any suggestions?

Not sure that you can - my understanding is that it’s the Alexa account that is linked to HA rather than individual Echo devices.

What errors are you getting? I never noticed any until I installed the Alexa Media Player integration from HACS. (I uninstalled it for that reason, although to be fair they were mostly to do with bad Internet connections.) However, if you do have that, I seem to remember you can exclude devices in configuration.yaml.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I had to remove Alexa Media Player and add it back as I found no other way to exclude devices. When adding the AMP back, it had a text field where I could list devices to exclude.

The latest errors are these:

2021-10-01 22:40:13 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.alexa.state_report] Error when sending ChangeReport to Alexa: INVALID_ACCESS_TOKEN_EXCEPTION: Access token is not valid.
2021-10-01 22:40:13 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.alexa.state_report] Error when sending ChangeReport to Alexa: INVALID_ACCESS_TOKEN_EXCEPTION: Access token is not valid.
2021-10-02 00:40:59 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.alexa.state_report] Error when sending ChangeReport to Alexa: INVALID_ACCESS_TOKEN_EXCEPTION: Access token is not valid.
2021-10-02 01:41:29 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.alexa.state_report] Error when sending ChangeReport to Alexa: INVALID_ACCESS_TOKEN_EXCEPTION: Access token is not valid.

But I believe I had different ones too but I don’t see them now, possibly thanks to excluding the offending devices on AMP.