How to freeze Home Assistant ok it's current state?

Hi there,

I have been using HA for a few years and have always kept it updated with the fun and games that can entail with the breaking changes and code changes required.
But now I have less time to be able to continue the updates so I would like to “freeze” the system in its current state which is working well. But I’m not sure if that is possible and if the UI and HACS integrations will continue updating to versions then not working on older HA core software versions.

Does anyone have experience or advise if this is possible.

Thank you in advance.

The only thing you couldn’t stop auto-updating was the supervisor. This is now possible.

Everything else requires your input before it will update (OS, core, third party integrations, addons).

So yes it is possible.

A word of warning though: it is better to put aside 1 to 2 hours every month to keep up with updates. Otherwise when you do eventually come to update it will be much more difficult.

1 Like

Thanx tom_I

Does that mean that I just run that command in the ui terminal and it will stop the supervisor from updating from this point onwards? Which in turn once the supervisor is outdated means no other integrations will be updated?

ha supervisor options --auto-update=false

Thanx again for guidance.

Correct.

Not so correct. Core integrations do not update unless you specifically choose to install a new core version. Third party integrations do not update unless you specifically choose to update them in HACS.

1 Like