How to get access to Sound Card in Hass.io

I’m trying to get a snapCast client working on my raspberry pi in hass.io but docker containers don’t have access to the sound card.
Error message fron snapCast
soundcard “default” not found

So i tried in the config files adding

“devices”: [“/proc/asound/card1:/proc/asound/card1:r”]

But it just doesn’t run when i add this line

Document for Config file

Link to where i got the original idea for adding the sound card

You can use the devices option to access the sound card. I have a mopidy addon which is able to play some music on my rpi. I have also began the development of a snapcast add-on, but haven’t got the time to test and debug it. Both are in my addons repo.

There is also an “audio” option in the documentation you linked to, but I haven’t used it and do not know how.

1 Like

Hi everyone, could you please give a hint on how to run snapcast client on hass.io? I installed the best libre snapcast client add on, but it won’t start as the config is missing, but i can not find what to put into the config JSON on hass.io, and i can not find the config file in the file system. Any hints would be really appreciated

Greetings

Hey,

Did you find answer for your question?

Is it like this: {“host”: “str”}

Thanks

Hi!
I have Audio DAC PCM5122 connected by GPIO (Raspberry Pi) on my HASS OS, also Spotify Connect add-on installed - but in it’s Audio Output (in Configuration tab) I can see only:

• Defaul
  • Built-in Audio stereo

so, what I should config to see there my PCM5122?