How to get Heiman Siren with ZHA to work

Anybody else having issues with newest HA version and Heimann sirens dropped off from ZHA -network and can not be added/ paired again wih Conbee II?

Never mind, needed to powercycle and put into pairing modes few times the sirens and managed join them to ZHA-network again.

This worked for me.

Is there anyway to stop this? I had duration set to 5 seconds, and it continued past this, I think for about 30 seconds.
But will would like to be able to trigger a stop from HA

Hi Sean,

I use his script to turn it off:

alias: Alarm - Flash en Sirene 01 - Uit
sequence:
  - data:
      duration: 60
      duty_cycle: 2
      ieee: 00:0d:6f:00:XX:XX:XX
      intensity: 2
      level: 1
      mode: 0
      strobe: 0
    service: zha.warning_device_warn
mode: single
icon: mdi:volume-off
1 Like

Thanks very much :slight_smile:

I cannot seem to get this working. As a test I tried to reconfigure my device and these were the results.
Imgur
This is my script:

office_smoke_alarm_on:
  alias: Office Smoke Alarm on
  sequence:
    - data:
        ieee: '84:2e:14:ff:fe:##:##:##'
        mode: 1
        strobe: 1
  icon: mdi:volume-high

I am using

• ZHA
  • Sonoff Zigbee bridge flashed with tasmota

Any guidance would be appreciated. I am trying to eventually make an automation if my office smoke alarm activates it will sound the siren in the bed rooms.

Hi Hans,

There is a small difference in the spacing, that can be your problem.
The sirene turned on, in my scripts.yaml, see below.

Best regards,
Jacob

alarm_flash_sirene_01_aan:
  alias: Alarm - Flash en Sirene 01 - Aan
  sequence:
  - data:
      ieee: 00:0d:6f:00:XX:XX:XX:XX
      mode: 1
      strobe: 1
  icon: mdi:volume-high

Hello,
I bought the Heimen siren in order to pair with conbee 2 stick in deCONZ.
It is working fine but I can only turn on and off.
In the meantime, I bought a CC 2531 Sonoff Zigbee sniffer.
I am wondering if I should use zigbee2mqtt or ZHA from HA to have all data available to customize properly the siren?
Up to now zigbee2mqtt is the one working better as far as I read.

Hi,
I think and hope, that the siren is added to the ZHA devices and 100% integrated into Home Assistant.
The missing sensors like the battery is nice to have for me.
I use the ZHA and I will wait.

Best regards,
Jacob

The battery works with Z2M .

FYI, support for siren entities in ZHA integration component was just added to Home Assistant’s core:

https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/60920

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/zha-integration-to-use-siren-entity-platform-for-zigbee-sirens-doorbells-and-chimes/343075

Should make it into HA 2021.12 release https://rc.home-assistant.io/blog/2021/12/03/release-202112/

Update: It did make it into the 2021.21 release so if your device is not seen as a siren (even after remove and re-join it) then it need that specific device will probably need a custom quirk in ZHA Device Handlers, see → https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/zha#zha-exception-and-deviation-handling

Also see https://community.home-assistant.io/t/zha-integration-to-use-siren-entity-platform-for-zigbee-sirens-doorbells-and-chimes/343075

2 Likes

Hi,
Have you tried this siren after the recent update? I’m also using ZHA and looking to buy this siren

Yes. Working fine

- service: siren.turn_on
      target:
        entity_id: siren.siren
      data:
        tone: 1
        duration: 65535
        volume_level: 1

1 Like

Works first time for me, using ZHA and the developer tools - thanks @Jacob_nr.5 or sharing. I got the alarm to stop by issuing the stop command - as the duration of 5 seconds did not work. Now to integrate this with Alarmo!

1 Like

@gr1nch have you managed to integrate this into alarmo? Mine runs fine with a script and it strobes but i don’t seem to be able to integrate it. In actions i am trying to make it call the script.

Not yet @leosedf as I moved from devices (Zbbridge & ZHA (which kept disconnecting clients) to CC2531 + zigbee2mqtt pending a Sonoff ZBDongle-P) and try as I might, the Siren is not getting recognized by the CC2531.

Thank you for your reply.
I couldn’t make it work so far, the siren works fine and it strobes if i create a script and run it though.

Hello, @gr1nch @leosedf have either of you been able to integrate it with Alarmo yet. Looking to buy this siren but need it to work with Alarmo. Thank you!

I haven’t done much work on it, i have a script that runs it perfectly with light but i haven’t managed to run the script from alarmo it says something about a missing key. Probably a configuration error from my side.

Hey @stroodle96 the siren (HS2WD-E) works perfectly for me with HA and Z2M. I’ve not added it to Alarmo yet, but it will be trivial as it is now a switch entity which can be toggled on or off: on is the siren. You’ll need to adapt to your choice of device in Z2M which defines the topic in MQTT.

Entity creation

Example button

I had upgraded my Zigbee adapter to the “SONOFF Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus” one of the recommended options here.
https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/guide/adapters/#recommended

1 Like

I usually try and muddle through and just figure things out - but I cannot get this one! I’m a bit a newb with Z2M admittedly.

I have tried to use your code, slightly updated as below, but the switch entity just always states ‘Unavailable’.
Can anyone suggest where I’m going wrong?

mqtt:
    switch:
      - unique_id: house_siren_2_switch
        name: "House Siren 2 Switch"
        state_topic: "zigbee2mqtt/House Siren 2"
        command_topic: "zigbee2mqtt/House Siren 2/set"
        availability:
            - topic: "zigbee2mqtt/House Siren 2/availability"
              payload_available: "online"
              payload_not_available: "offline"
        payload_on: '{"warning": {"mode": "fire", "level": "low", "strobe_level": "very_high", "strobe": true, "strobe_duty_cycle": 1, "duration": 1 }}'
        payload_off: '{"warning": {"mode": "stop"}}'
        state_on: "ON"
        state_off: "OFF"
        icon: mdi:alarm-light
        qos: 1
        optimistic: true
        retain: true