How to get Heiman Siren with ZHA to work

Link to the Heiman siren

I have added the Heiman siren to Home Assistant with ZHA.
It is not seen as the right one. is seen as binary_sensor. (binary_sensor.heiman_warningdevice_ias_zone)

I expected to have:

• 1 switch to turn the siren on/off
  • 1 switch to turn the flashlight
  • 1 battery level sensor

My question is how to get this right in Home Assistant with ZHA. How to get it working.

2 Likes

https://zigbee.blakadder.com/Heiman_HS2WD-E.html

I am not sure what it means that it exposes ‘warning’ - but it at least appears you can make it sound in zigbee2mqtt. I am not sure about ZHA though. Never used it :slight_smile:

Hi, thanks for your answer.
I am not using Zigbee2mqtt and not using the vendors bridge or gateway.
ZHA is quicker then Zigbee2mqtt, this is what I found out in the past.

I have around 95 zigbee devices and it is a lot of work to switch to a different zigbee coordinator.

So I hope that someone can point me in the direction how to gather all the information to get this device added to the zha supporterd devices.

I can not let it make some sound or flash. it can detect something so it is seen as a wrong type device.

On the list mentioned above, there is no siren on it.

Hi, have you found a solution, i want to buy one if the problem is solved

Hi,

No, not jet.
I am waiting for some answers or directions how to go futher.
Do you have the same problem?
Can you help me?

Hi @Jacob_nr.5, did you find the solution? I’m trying to do the same since 2 days. ZHA source code contains command api about warning device but I don’t know to trigger it.

EDIT 27.04
there is dedicated service: zha.warning_device_squawk. will try tomorrow

To whom it may concerns. In DECONZ, this device behaves like a light. So I can turn it on or off.

1 Like

Hi

You mean the siren can be turned on/off, or the smoke detection?

Thanks

Hi,

I want to:

• Siren on/off
  • Flash on/off
  • Battery status

I have no idea where to drop or ask this request.

This is not a smoke detector. The smoke detector from Heimann works fine in ZHA.

Best regards,
Jacob

Hi Guillaume,

Do you have some results from your test?

Greetings,
Jacob

Devs are in the process of adding a siren platform to HA - so this may become easier at some point. https://github.com/home-assistant/architecture/issues/375

Hi,

Thanks for your message.

This is promising and hopefully the Heimann is also added.

Best Regards,
Jacob

@Jacob_nr.5 manage to make zha.warning_device_squawk work but zha.warning_device_warn does not work for all mode value… always the same sound and volume value do not seems to impact noise level…

Hi,

I tried a few things, but no working result.
Can help me where to go and what do do?

Hi @Jacob_nr.5. Sorry for late answer. In order to test it, go to devtools -> service -> choose service mentionned in My previous comment. Bottom you have de clear description. It indicate the page of the ZCL spec you have to refer to in order to know available value.

@lahayeg I just added a heiman to HA using ZHA, but there is no service to control the siren. Did you perform an additional action so you can trigger the siren?

Edit: nevermind, I found the generic zha service, was expecting something else😉 lets hope decent siren support is added in the near future.

I use the Heiman Siren with Deconz / Conbee which recognizes it as light. However, the toggle button works well to trigger the alarm but not to turn it off.
So I use Node Red to integrate it into my system with an Input Bolean for the HA botton.

Hi @DHoefakker
I use a script

data:
  duration: 65535
  duty_cycle: 2
  ieee: '00:0d:6f:00:14:f7:af:af'
  intensity: 2
  level: 3
  mode: 1
  strobe: 0
service: zha.warning_device_warn
2 Likes

Hi lahayeg,

Thanks for the script.
I had some time today and i tried, tested and implemented the script.
It works great. :slight_smile:

With the mode: 1 we have a very loud sirene
and with strobe: 1, we have a red strobe.
The duration works also nice.

I am happy and have this working in Home Assistant as needed/wanted.
Now I am waiting for the zha integration, so we can see all the stuff like the battery.

Thanks again,
Jacob

I’m curious of can you also stop the siren if needed? Sending a new command with a 0 as duration? Separate stop command? Wondering about ordering one.