How to get the battery level?

I don’t see how the companion docs are accurate for any of this though. It appears to be geared 99.99% toward the iOS implementation.

I thought that in a recent version of HA that the system was supposed to automatically create sensors for battery powered devices as long as the entity had either “battery” or “battery_level” as an attribute.

I’m not showing a battery sensor for my android phone from the mobile app either but all of my other battery powered devices have one.

Any idea this wouldn’t work in this case?

I’m not seeing any battery sensors for ANY devices at all, except for the template sensors I created.

Maybe it’s only for zwave & zha devices since those are the only battery powered devices I have and they all were created by the system.

That would explain why the mobile battery sensor isn’t being created.

I’ll have to see if I can find that announcement again.

Maybe. I don’t have any battery powered zwave devices, but I have lots of device trackers with battery_level attributes.

I just noticed another issue…

my battery level from the app only reports when the app is open/active.

I checked the app settings and the only “background” setting is for location tracking.

Is there something I’m missing or is that the way it’s supposed to work?

If so, does anyone know where to report bugs/feature requests?

I just noticed the battery level only updates when the GPS is enabled (I leave mine off most of the time). That restriction doesn’t seem necessary does it?

As of now since its an attribute of the device tracker its intended, later on when it becomes its own sensor it shouldn’t be necessary

Thank you!
But how do i add more than one phone? Im a noob…