How to get this lovelace to work?

Hi ,

i am a total newbie to home assistant. How do i get this Lovelace card to work?

I have been trying for 1.5 hours but i t wont work, it keeps saying “custom element doesn’t exist”

GitHub - wichers/lovelace-comfoair: Homeassistant Lovelace Comfoair card

Greetings, Edwin.

Did you follow all the steps on the Github Readme? The addon is a couple of years old, hasn’t been updated for a couple of years. Maybe it’s outdated and doesn’t work any longer.

You do have the Comfoair integration running? See:

This card is relying on this integration to function.

I corrected an error i made, i didnt put the files in the correct folder, it doesn’t say “custom element doesn’t exist” anymore! :smiley:

Now i have to install GitHub - wichers/esphome-comfoair: ESPHome configuration to drive Zehnder ComfoAir devices. and the esphome integration.

Does it still need the Comfoair integration?

Allright. I am not familiar with Comfoair equipment. With a quick look it seems to me that you need to have the “ComfoConnect LAN C Internet interface” for the integration to work. Do you have that lan interface?

The Esphome solution in that github repo, seems a more DIY solution in which you connect the device to an ESP device without the LAN interface, if I am correct.

I think both are different approaches of hooking up the Comfoair to Home Assistant.

I dont have a lan interface , its not available for my zehnder whr950, that why i went with the esphome solution and the lovelace card witch are both mentioned at mr wichers github, these two are supposed to work together.