How to give different (less access) on a user base

For the moment I am the only one in the family using HASS.

I wanted to give to some member of the family not full access, but only certain functions (some switch, some lights only and so on), would that be possible?

1 Like

From what I understand currently that isn’t available in HASS itself. You could use the HADashboard web tool to create web pages for each person. Or you could setup tabs in the HA frontend for each person/room and tell them to stay out of the others… Everyone in my house (except me) understands Mutually Assured Destruction when it comes to messing with each others lights, so it’s not as big of an issue for me.

then it goes as feature request!!

https://www.pivotaltracker.com/n/projects/1250084/stories/116678871

mmhhh I guess my easy route is to give http shortcuts on their smartphones and that’s it for the moment

unfortunately, yea. I think that’s it for now. I just added on to the request that Danielhiversen posted and asked if we could get optional passwords on group tabs. At least that would keep people out of tabs where they shouldn’t be.

1 Like

that would be enough, just create specific tabs

That’s probably the smartest way to go in your case, Claudio. You can also name the shortcuts appropriately for each user’s understanding as well.

I proposed creating multiple HA instances connected by MQTT(eventstream component) to enable multiple users until it user/group support is added

You would setup the instance to have only the sensors and automations you want to provide access to.

Docker or some venv could be used to allow instances to share same host.

and for scheduling? ANy way to do it?

What about scheduling? Your posts didn’t mention it.

Sorry I try to be more clear:

I need to give the option to change schedule: not only turn on or off a power plug, but also its scheduling

Theoretically speaking, if you can push the command to do so to the API, then you can create a shortcut for it. But if you’re looking for fine grained control or interaction like an input select then you’re back to the original issue of needing multi user access.

Weel trying to have something simple

Turn ON the plug for XX minutes
Turn OFF the plug for YY minutes
Turn ON the plug for XX minutes
and so on

Claudio,
I’m getting completely confused. Can you give us the full use-case here? :slight_smile:

To command a small electric heater for the night

Not too much time because of burning oxygen, enough on (not too long off) to not let the temperature drop too much

ok so see if i’m right her.

when a boolean switch in HA is on,
the heater should come on for 15 minutes
after being on for 15 minutes, it should turn off
after being off for 15 minutes it should turn on
and continue that loop until the boolean switch is turned off.

Right?

Yes as a start is ok.

If not too complicated would like to add a temperature check (if temp above certain value it stays off)

which electrical heater does burn oxygen???
burning oxigen implies that something gets burned, like gass, wood or such.
electrical heaters dont burn normally.

i can see that you dont want it to get to warm or use to much electricity though.

1 Like

Whatever…