How to have zooz 3-way dimmer switch turning lights on gradually?

as of now, it will turn on the lights instantly to 100%. is it possible to have it turn on gradually from 10% to 100% bright every time i flip the switch to “on?” ALSO, vice versa when i flip to “off?” if so, how?

There are two ways to approach this they both use transition but are implemented in completely different ways.
If you want ALL transitions to be slow then go to your z-wave management console and change the configuration of the device, look for the config options and choose ‘transition’ g set that time to the MINIMUM transition you want for any occasion.
If you want a more controllable way then set the light.turn_on service to include a transition in it’s attributes.

My lights turn on instantly but when they reach a different lighting segment of the day they transition over 60 seconds

Some devices have a “Ramp Up/Ramp Down” configuration option. Look for that.

Were you ever able to get this to work? I’m trying to get my zen 27 dimmer to transition, but the transition attribute for light.turn_on doesn’t seem to work.

i didnt bother. i just stick with the factory default value which seems to be decent enough for me