How to hide Alexa entries from Logbook

I’ve noticed that since I’ve started using the cloud service that it now shows entries in logbook for alexa. I don’t have “included” and previously it was not showing up. What do I need to add to exclude these entries from logbook and or history.

I dont really need to know if alexa turned on a light , just seeing the light turned on is fine for me

hallo

i think its two different things

logbook and history

in both you can exclude entities

https://www.home-assistant.io/components/logbook/

but i think you can just exclude alexa completly and no alexa events will make a logbook entry

Just to bring this back up. I’m not sure what to exclude. I’m already including only the devices I want to see. Alexa is not listed.

This is what I mean

If I click on the amazon alexa link it just brings up the entity ID for the light/switch/etc that was controlled.

I’d really like to not have amazon alexa in my logbook

Just bumping this again, I also have entries from Homekit, that I’d like to hide. Some thing? Anyone??

What component is that? EDIT: For the alexa. There’s 9 million ways to integrate her.

I have Alexa working via the paid cloud service. And homekit just via configuration.yaml.

The Alexa entries started showing up in logbook within the past month or so. Pretty sure it was not there before. I just want them not to show up. I have my logbook includes listed for the devices I want to log, and alexa/cloud and homekit are not listed.

Well Alexa isn’t a Domian. Exclusion only works on a domain level or entity_id level. I don’t think it’s possible to be honest.

Well, :frowning:
It’s not the end of the world, just annoying to see a line for “alexa, turned off your light”, followed by a line “light was turned off”. Who care’s if Alexa turned it off. :slight_smile: At least I dont care to know if it was turned off with alexa, or HA app, or manually.

Thanks

What do your logs look like? Do you see an event that says alexa?

I’ll check when I get a chance. For the logbook entry for alexa though, it just brings up the light or switch, etc that was controlled by Alexa. Looks exactly the same as the entry above it that shows the light/switch, etc was turned on/off.

Good things to look for though, will defintiely report back when I have a chance to look

any update on this - trying to clean up my logbook, and the alexa component (i use haaska)
is clogging it up?

1 Like

Guys after one year, any solution on this?
I am using Haaska and I have the following issue.

Use the recorder integration to exclude the alexa_smart_home event type in your configuration file. Alexa events will never get recorded and never show up in the logbook. You can also view the database that recorder generates for other event types you might want removed.

recorder:
  exclude:
    event_types:
      - alexa_smart_home