How to install BLE tracker on Stretch in venv

Hi Guys,

Ever since I upgraded my PI3 to Stretch I’ve been having trouble with the BLE tracker software. When I restart HA, it takes an hour or so to startup as it unsuccessfully tries to install gattlib …

2017-09-09 16:32:57 ERROR (Thread-16) [homeassistant.util.package] Unable to install package gattlib==0.20150805: Command “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/bin/python3 -u -c “import setuptools, tokenize;file=’/tmp/pip-build-v6ems15b/gattlib/setup.py’;f=getattr(tokenize, ‘open’, open)(file);code=f.read().replace(’\r\n’, ‘\n’);f.close();exec(compile(code, file, ‘exec’))” install --record /tmp/pip-wib6ll0w-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers /srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/include/site/python3.5/gattlib” failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-v6ems15b/gattlib/
2017-09-09 16:32:57 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Not initializing device_tracker.bluetooth_le_tracker because could not install dependency gattlib==0.20150805
2017-09-09 16:32:57 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform device_tracker.bluetooth_le_tracker: Could not install all requirements.

I’ve tried to install it manually but that fails with an internal compiler error, so I’m guessing that BLE tracking is not supported at present under Stretch?

Any thoughts?