How to install Eufy Integration

Update: After poking around the file system I discovered I have python 3.8 NOT 3.9 installed, and there doesn’t seem to be ‘lakeside’ folder in 3.8.
Is there a simple and straight forward way to upgrade python to 3.9? I am a novice and not familiar how this interacts with Home Assistant OS.

Hi, I’m starting to learn HA to allow centralized control/monitoring of a few smart devices I have. I had HAOS 6.2 installed on a Rasperry PI 3+/. I want to add a couple Eufy plugs, and added the specified lines to my configuration.yaml, per the Eufy Integration page, but nothing is discovered. I get the following error in the log

Error while setting up eufy platform for switch
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 249, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.shield(task)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 52, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File src", line 11, in setup_platform
    add_entities([EufySwitch(discovery_info)], True)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/eufy/switch.py", line 26, in __init__
    self._switch.connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/lakeside/__init__.py", line 229, in connect
    return device.connect(self)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/lakeside/__init__.py", line 66, in connect
    self.update()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/lakeside/__init__.py", line 246, in update
    response = self.get_status()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/lakeside/__init__.py", line 242, in get_status
    response = self.send_packet(packet, True)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/lakeside/__init__.py", line 232, in send_packet
    return device.send_packet(self, packet, response)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/lakeside/__init__.py", line 90, in send_packet
    self.connect()

Thanks in advance for any guidance.