How to integrate Govee BLE sensor into HA on Docker (Pi4)?

Goal
I am trying to integrate two Govee 5075 BLE thermometers into HA via the official “Govee Bluetooth” integration.

Problem
The issue is that the status of both devices always turns to “not available” and there are no updates of the entities. Whenever I remove the integration, restart HA and add the integration again, the entities have the correct values. After that, the entities do not get updated.
I’ve already spent so many hours on this but am completely stuck… Finding similar issues is quite difficult because the integration of similar devices seems to have changed one or two times. I also followed the steps described under /integrations/bluetooth.

My installation

* Pi4: Raspberry Pi OS Lite 64 bit
* Docker: Home Assistant, Mosquitto and Portainer
* wifi disabled, internal bluetooth of Pi4 enabled
* IR smart meter reader connected via USB
* placed inside the electrical cabinet
* HA version 2023.11.3

Docker config

homeassistant:
    image: "ghcr.io/home-assistant/home-assistant:stable"
    container_name: homeassistant
    restart: unless-stopped
    network_mode: host
    privileged: true
    volumes:
      - ./config:/config
      - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
      - /etc/timezone:/etc/timezone:ro
      - /run/dbus:/run/dbus:ro
    environment:
      - TZ=Europe/Berlin
    devices:
      - /dev/ttyUSB0

So… it looks like HA has access to BT and does see these two sensor devices. It also looks like the sensors are sending updates.

But WTH does HA not receive any updates? :thinking:

UPDATE

I finally found the solution within the comments of a GitHub issue (at least I wasn’t the only one…): When I initially installed HA I ignored the common Bluetooth integration because I didn’t need it at that point. I assumed that the more specialized “Govee Bluetooth” integration works without the “Bluetooth” integration.

After unignoring Bluetooth and turning off “Passive Scanning” everything works fine :hugs:

Hi @Mat2028

Not being the official “Govee Bluetooth” integration, but you could try the Docker install of Theengs Gateway to receive and then pass your Govee H5075s via MQTT to your Mosquitto broker to HA, also with auto-discovery.

Might be worth a try to see if you then get your regular updates.

Full disclosure - wrong humidity fix with sub-zero temps still pending for the next release :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for your tip. However, I could resolve this issue by accident (see updated message).