How to integrate my Cupra Born?

Hi,

I’m new to Home Assistant, but I’d like to get started. We don’t have that many Smart devices in our home, but we do have Philips Hue throughout the house.
Now I need some help. Linking the Hue lamps there are plenty of tutorials for online, but…

We have 2 electric cars: Volkswagen ID4 GTX and a Cupra Born.
For the VW, integrations have already been made with Home Assistant, but not (yet) for the Cupra. Now I was wondering how I would go about adding my Cupra to Home Assistant as well.

I have yet to start installing Home Assistant etc. Any help is greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

Welcome.

First step is to find out about the manufacturers api.

Yes that’s what I thought. How would I find out how to connect to the API?
I know Tronity connects to the Cupra API and collects data, but I have no idea how I can connect with the Cupra API myself.
Thanks for the quick reply by the way :slight_smile:

According to this GitHub - tillsteinbach/VWsFriend: VW WeConnect visualization and control the api for cupra is similar to the vw one (and appears to credit you for that knowledge!). I would talk to the creator of the vw integration.

I’m also really keen to see a Cupra Born integration.

I shall add another “me too” to this thread. Would be a great addition.

This seems to be the most likely starting point for achieving this as I’m sure it’ll be relatively close to the VW ID.3 integration, with the cars being 99% identical:

1 Like

I’d really like a way to see what’s going on with the car from my phone without using the MyCupra app - it’s shockingly badly made it’s slow and kills the battery on my phone.

1 Like

My Cupra Born will be delivered next month, I’m also looking for a way to integrate this in Home Assistant. I already have or Skoda Kodiaq integrated. It looks like its using the same API as Seat/Skoda/VW as the account you create is on identity.vwgroup.io. I’m lacking skills to fork one of the other integrations but I’m willing to actively test if my car has arrived.

1 Like

Hi. Also a +1 from me as I’ve just ordered a Cupra.

If of any use, there apparently seems to be a working integration for the Homey system… But I can’t say I’m familiar with that…

Cupra Connect on Homey with full car stat access…

Has anyone actually tried the vw integration?

I tried to connect to my Born with the https://github.com/mitch-dc/volkswagen_we_connect_id ID3 integration. I get an unexpected error and the log shows that my username does not exist.

Unexpected exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/custom_components/volkswagen_we_connect_id/config_flow.py", line 64, in async_step_user
    info = await validate_input(self.hass, user_input)
  File "/config/custom_components/volkswagen_we_connect_id/config_flow.py", line 39, in validate_input
    await hass.async_add_executor_job(we_connect.login)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/weconnect/weconnect.py", line 169, in login
    self.__session.login()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/weconnect/auth/we_connect_session.py", line 74, in login
    response = self.doWebAuth(authorizationUrl)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/weconnect/auth/we_connect_session.py", line 195, in doWebAuth
    raise AuthentificationError(f'Error during login, account {self.sessionuser.username} does not exist')
weconnect.errors.AuthentificationError: Error during login, account a****r@****online.nl does not exist

The integration https://github.com/mitch-dc/volkswagen_we_connect_id relies on the https://github.com/tillsteinbach/WeConnect-python library. I’ve offered the developer access to My Cupra account because the Cupra Born has to added there first before it can be added to the Volkswagen We Connect ID.

looks like it might be being working on… :wink: https://github.com/tillsteinbach/WeConnect-python/blob/3dc219772fcba545c21e26b7c2333c1a2694261c/weconnect/auth/my_cupra_session.py

1 Like

Another Born owner here, following.

I’ll be switching my e-Up (working great in HA) for a Cupra Born in two weeks, hoping that integration in on the horizon.

For the audience here, there’s been some progress here, with an early PR offering some support for the Born in WeConnect:

Not ready for HA yet, but a solid step in the right direction.

4 Likes

Cupra incoming. Also following!

Just in case people are watching, there is a new test version of this integration available here. You can check out the discussion thread here:

…and download the latest version of the component here:

https://github.com/alangibson/volkswagen_we_connect_id/archive/47a2afda076b76a0198b6e0a673800500233f9b3.zip

Disclaimer: This is an early test version, but I’ve been using it for a few weeks now and it’s been very reliable. It just might break in future releases, so you have been warned!

2 Likes

Thanks for mentioning this.
I’ve just got my new Born added to Ha using the information in the post and your entry.
Thanks to eveyone who has worked in this intergration!

Added in - works amazingly. I’m running v4.4.58 (which I was with my eGolf) as v4.4.59-beta.8 didn’t work - wondered what others are running and if it’s best to stay on this official version?

Massive thanks to those who made this work - got the car yesterday at 6pm, integrated in HA by 8pm!! :laughing: