How to Integrate SensorPush?

I try to find out how to Integrate SensorPush. The articles I found, seems are more vor the advance user/developer.

I have several SensorPush Sensors and three SensorPush WiFi Gateways (split over three Buildings in one Network) - as obviously Bluetooth has only a small distance.

When I install SensorPush, I get the message that no devices are found in the Network. The Gateways are in the LAN, that for sure. The articles I find give the impression, that the Home Assistant Green try to connect to the Sensors via Bluetooth, but the Hub itself did not support Bluetooth.

Is this so far correct? Because I am confused, Bluetooth has only a small distance. There is no chance, that the Home Assistant Hub (even when I use a Bluetooth USB Dongle) can reach all Sensors.

Or did I complete misunderstand something?

Frank

I’ve found that it’s much simpler to just integrate with sensor push devices directly with bluetooth than mess with the gateway. For me, they just pop up as discovered devices. For any sensors that are too far for bluetooth, an esphome based bluetooth proxy works great.

I got it not working afterunstanding that the Sensorpush Module I can add only support Bluetooth, and I have to install HACS and within HACS the Sensorpush Reposority - after configure in configuration.yaml the Access to the Cloud, the Sensors show up.

But I am curious, the path using a esphome based bluetooth proxy can be still better. But to be honest, I am confused by the Number of supported bluetooth Devices (and not), and so many ESPHome Bluetooth Proxies exists.

Did anyone can recommend an Out-of-the-Box ESPHome Bluetooth Proxies that can be purchases online that works with the HA ?

Frank

I’ve been using the switchbot plugs. You can get a 4 pack on amazon pretty cheap. Then they can also be used as smart plugs. It’s a bit of a pain to flash them, because you have to override dns at your router and intercept the upgrade request, but there are videos online showing the process.

Alternatively you can just get a dev board esp32, which are usually a few dollars each.

I prefer the esphome bluetooth approach just because it doesn’t rely on the cloud service (which i assume the sensor push gw approach requires)

here’s a thread about the switchbot plugs Support for SwitchBot Plug Mini (W1901400) with bluetooth proxying