How to know the frequency/technology used in a remote?

Not yet.
Have been busy with Christmas and all that.

But I know I can control the remote from an ESP, I have figured that out.
The issue I have now is that the rotary encoder and display does not fit the box I have, my plan is to try and trim off some excess material from the parts to make them fit.

But been busy with other things and haven’t had time with hobby projects.

1 Like

Gotcha, I know that well.

Please do update the thread when you do make progress. In the meantime I’ve also found this thread, which might help me when I finally do find some time for hobby projects. Control RF TV Lift using IR Remote using Arduino (build a remote for the remote) - Project Guidance - Arduino Forum

That is exactly how I was planning on doing it, but with an ESP instead.

Only difference is that I was planning on having a touch display to control it also and a rotary encoder to control the volume of the Chromecast.

Just got it to run with a similar solution! Used an ESP8266 with GPIO pins driving a couple of relays to toggle preset memory buttons on the remote. ESPHome made it quite easy to set up, program and interface with HA. I have a LG tv on the mount, which when turned on triggers the automation to lower the stand using the setup. Works pretty well!

@vinaykashya can you share any more info about how you attached to the remote buttons (maybe a pic?). I’m about to do the same thing and would love a starting point.

1 Like

@vinaykashya Please, could you post a photo and the source code you used? We appreciate it.

@Hellis81 Did you get how to connect remote controller with ESP? sorry for inconvenience…

Just got back to this. Were you able to set it up? I will write up a post and link soon.