How to make the windchime sound for 5 seconds for Ring keypad v2?

i saw this page and followed as much as i can HomeAssistantNotes/RingKeypadV2.md at 742b2a8caec0051cef395c015819aded07aa4b12 · ImSorryButWho/HomeAssistantNotes · GitHub
basically i would like to have the WindChime go off for 5 seconds and back to silence. but the following code does nothing. any idea where i went wrong?

service: zwave_js.set_value
data:
  command_class: '135'
  endpoint: '0'
  property: '98'
  property_key: '7'
  value: 5
target:
  entity_id: sensor.keypad_v2_battery_level

no one knows? oh man.
guess i will use this fancy keypad as a motion sensor then. i was really hoping to use it as a chime alert

If you set the property_key: '9' to a percentage, the sound will play. If it’s too long for your liking, you can create a script that sets the volume to 100 percent, waits 5 seconds, sets the volume to 0 percent. As for the other property keys for the “generic event sound notifications”, you will probably have to ask Ring’s engineers on how those work exactly.

got it working now!
thanks!!!
but i am curious, which parameter changes the duration from 5 to say…8 seconds?

data:
  property_key: '9'
  value: 50
target:

We don’t really know. Maybe there isn’t one. The documentation is very sparse. You could try asking Ring (they probably don’t want people to use their devices outside of their own ecosystem, though).

Indicators are standardized by the Z-Wave specification. If you look at the Device Diagnostic data (download from the Device page), it should list which indicator values and property IDs are supported.

property 98 is “Generic event sound notification 3”, which doesn’t tell you too much. But property key 9 is volume level, and 7 is timeout in seconds.

i just tried 7 with value of 20 to set the timeout. then ran the service for the wind chime, but it still only played for 5 seconds

data:
  property_key: '7'
  value: 20
target:

data:
  property_key: '9'
  value: 50
target:

Yes, but the keypad as implemented does seem to follow the specification. Property key 9 is not supposed to switch on the indicator according to the specs, yet it does. The property key 2 is supposed to turn the indicator on and off, but does not even exist.