How to optimize solar production excess?

Hello,
I’m looking for a solution to optimize the energy consuption of the devices in my house.
The goal is to reduce the energy input from the grid and optimize consumption of my solar panels production.

I’ve seen 2 interesting integrations, but there are probably other solutions that I don’t know.

• PV Excess Control
  • Solar Optimizer

I’m looking forward reading your feedback, and getting advices.
Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have been looking into the same thing and is wondering if anyone have some experiences to share before I dive too deep.

I too have seen the “solar optimizer” though I use my own automations right now.
I also use the “solar forecast” to define if there will be production today and if it will be over my set limit.

Is there some known integrations or blueprints that take all of this in to account when planning and controlling loads?

I know i’m terrible at explaining what Im really thinking about, so here is an example of my own automation.

I am controlling my waterheater to be ON for the cheapest 5 hours each day.
BUT, if my forcast says that today will be a great solar day it will just be ON for 1 or 3 of those hours, depending on the current heat in the boiler. Then, when my solar produces an excess of over 2kW, the boiler turns on. It turns off again when I take 800w or 1600w from the grid again, depending on how expensive the power is in the current hour.

I have similar automations for other loads like my car and some floor heating.