How to persist zwave2mqtt device locations

Hello fellow HA enthusiasts,

I’ve searched high and low and was unable to find the answer to my question below. I do apologize if this question has been asked before, but I was unable to find it.

I’m using the MQTT integration and automatic device discovery from a separate docker container running zwave2mqtt on a separate Raspberry PI3 with an AEOTEC Zwave Gen5 stick. Everything works flawlessly and all my ZWave devices get automatically discovered and added to my Home Assistant setup.

I have to manually (using the HA interface) assign each ZWave device to a location/area. This is a little bit tedious because I have 60+ ZWave devices. But if I had to do this only once it would only be a minor inconvenience.

However whenever I make changes to my zwave2mqtt config and/or ZWave devices they have to be re-discovered by HA and the assigned location/area does not persist. This means that I will have to manually re-assign all my devices to their corresponding area. This is especially true when I remove the MQTT integration and restart my HA instance to let it auto discover all my MQTT devices after which I have to reassign all of these devices to a location/area.

My question is:

Is it possible to configure this via yaml so that I can persist the relationship between my MQTT devices and their assigned area’s in Home Assistant?

If this is not possible (which I suspect because I wasn’t able to find this on my own), is there another way of making this work? I know I can configure the device location in zwave2mqtt but this uses a slightly different convention than I want to use in my configuration when the devices get ‘pushed’ or ‘discovered’ via MQTT. (Basically it prepends the location follow by a hyphen to the device name. e.g. Livingroom-gf_living_dimmer_1_dimmer.)

Any suggestions on this? Any help is kindly appreciated!