How to re-configure an anonymous MQTT?

I have the following messages in my startup logs

domotique-hass-1  | 2022-08-07 08:22:53 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt] The 'broker' option near /config/configuration.yaml:179 is deprecated, please remove it from your configuration
domotique-hass-1  | 2022-08-07 08:22:53 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt] The 'discovery' option near /config/configuration.yaml:179 is deprecated, please remove it from your configuration

The solution to fix these is to reconfigure the MQTT integration, through the web GUI. Unfortunately this does not work with anonymous MQTT setups:

I actually think it is a bug because the username and password are not mandatory information (no star to signal this), and yet the integration checks for that

That’s odd. I setup MQTT last month (so running 2022.7.x) and just checked again (running 2022.8.1), and I’m able to get past that screen without entering a username and password. I’m not sure what version you’re running, but maybe you’re on a older version and that got fixed at some point?

What happens if you just put ‘username’ and ‘password’ in those fields? I think if your MQTT is setup to not require authentication, then those are just ignored.

1 Like

I am on 2022.7.7, the latest 2022.7 docker container. I am cleaning up the startup before upgrading to the latest version.

This is what I wanted to try as the last resort, not wanting to break my install and resinstall from the backup. But YOLO, I used x as the username and password and, behold - it worked :slight_smile:

1 Like