How to remove loading image before camera live stream?

Hello,

When I launch my dashboard on my phone, I’ve this loading image with a media player icon that appears before the live stream of the camera start. I’m using Nest camera (RTSP and WebRTC, same effect).

Is it possible to remove this and show nothing instead ?
It’s not very beautiful with a blink effect

If you’ve any idea or tricks, thanks :slight_smile:

Any update or idea to avoid this ? :slight_smile:

I don’t have a nest camera but it’s seems that those devices are working over the cloud only. Some guy explained on the forum that there will be a 15-20 seconds delay on those devices because you are accessing your stream over the cloud.

Am similarly interested if there is a solution. I have am directly access espcam and a tapo…both without the cloud and show above picture / delays

There is too little infornation on your setup for anyone to respond.
I have hikvision poe doorbell with camera, I integrated it with frigate to ha and I’m using frigate card for live stream. Camera is accessed over local network.
There is no delay.

For my case, it appears only with my Android phone. No issue on browser for example

what about chrome on the same device the app is on?

Same here, Android… Phone and Tablet
work without issues on iOS Phone/Table, Windows 10 (Laptop)

do you only see it in the app or also using chrome on the same devices?

No issue with Chrome (Android) and Firefox (Android)

It’s only with the official app

its not really an issue, just looks to be a default placeholder for the video player that android utilizes by default, feel free to submit a feature request on github for the app. Please also submit a video comparing chrome on android to the app so we can see what you are referring to.

Good question and indeed worth some attention … I am using this on not-so-new stuff, i.e. left-overs from the family
My table is old one (Samsung tab3) and shows this when using wallpanel, which uses a webpage … not clue if this is chrome or something else
My phone is a bit newer (Samsung S8) and shows the triangle with the app and ‘sometimes’ with the chrome browser
Without any (!) knowledge on how android works, from my (!) situation… it may seem that this picture / delay is related to the device performance and shows ‘I am doing something, hold on’

thanks since you see the same placeholder using the browser to view the webpage then that means this is coming from the HA frontend.

@antoine_g its probably there on desktop and mobile browser but you jsut don’t notice it since it loads faster, you can make a request with the HA frontend to remove but I dont think its good UX to remove a placeholder like that honestly.

Anew a good point… removing it might not work for others.
The thing is that with me, I am not sure if this in-between picture is further slowing down things.
I am not technically fit enough over multiple platforms to try this out…for now I will live with it (or buy a more powerful device)