How to remove Supervised and keep homeassistant container

Hi,

I have had home assisstant installed on an rpi4 for over a year, I had installed it using this guide Raspberry Pi - Home Assistant.

I was always interested in running supervised cause I wanted to use some of the addons available and so this week I went ahead and followed this installation and got supervised https://github.com/home-assistant/supervised-installer

After installing it I realized that I had lost all my setup I had in home assistant container and I can no longer access to my home website basically superviser is just a fresh install. However I still see the old docker home assistant container. How can I stop superviser or delete it so that I can access my old home assistant container and back it up?

I tried docker stop, docker kill the superviser but it restart immediately

Thanks for your help

if you know where the /config directory of your old docker container was mapped to, you can just copy that (including the hidden directories and files) to /usr/share/hassio/homeassistant

Removing one or more containers

To remove one or more Docker containers, use the docker container rm command, followed by the IDs of the containers you want to remove.

You can get a list of all containers by invoking the docker container ls command with the -a option:

docker container ls -a

The output should look something like this:

CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                   COMMAND                  CREATED             STATUS                      PORTS               NAMES
cc3f2ff51cab        centos                  "/bin/bash"              2 months ago        Created                                         competent_nightingale
cd20b396a061        solita/ubuntu-systemd   "/bin/bash -c 'exec …"   2 months ago        Exited (137) 2 months ago                       systemd
fb62432cf3c1        ubuntu                  "/bin/bash"              3 months ago        Exited (130) 3 months ago                       jolly_mirzakhani

Once you know the CONTAINER ID of the containers you want to delete, pass it to the docker container rm command. For example, to remove the first two containers listed in the output above, you would run:

docker container rm cc3f2ff51cab cd20b396a061

If you get an error message similar to the one shown below, it means that the container is running. You’ll need to stop the container before removing it.

Error response from daemon: You cannot remove a running container fc983ebf4771d42a8bd0029df061cb74dc12cb174530b2036987575b83442b47. Stop the container before attempting removal or force remove.

Thank you for your help.

I have tried copying files from old configuration restarted the server and I seemed to get some things back but all integrations are missing. I just did cp -r to copy files is there another command to include hidden files? Do I need to stop superviser to be able to copy file into it’s config folder?

easiest interactive way : use mc

before copying :

ha core stop

after copying:

ha core start

copying configuration did not work. I tried removing supervisor and supervisor simply restart and loads all containers.

I did ha core stop I stopped container and rm all cotnainers related to homeassistant and it simply restarts

If you could change the port that the supervised HA uses to something other than 8123 (which I assume that your original HA Container used) that would be the easiest. Then you could access both HA installs but over different ports.

But lacking that you should be able to remove the first HA Container container (do not remove the existing config files from that install - just remove the container) and re-create it using a different port. Then you can access HA Supervised @ port 8123 and also access HA Container on the new selected port.

But if you really want to remove HA Supervised you can use the services cli and stop the supervisor service from there. Then when you stop the supervisor container it won’t restart automatically.