How to remove WiFi

I tested out WiFi in Hass.io by following adding a “resin-wifi” file to “/system-connections/” as described in the “Installing Hass.io”-guide and the “Networking on resinOS 2.x”-guide.
I wasn’t too happy with the results and want to go back to just using Ethernet.
I tried removing the resin-wifi file, but Hass.io seems to somehow remember the wifi-settings even though they are deleted, because it still connects. This is really strange to me how it still connects when the wifi setup is removed from the system.
How can I prevent this, and remove the wifi completely and set it back to connecting through Ethernet?

This is currently an issue on ResinOS.
You can work around it by adding dummy data to your wifi settings in the configuration file.

Thank you for the fast reply! That seemed to prevent Hass.io from connecting to the WiFi, but Ethenet is not working properly. It seems to connect and get an IP-address but it won’t let me connect through the web-interface or ssh. Any idea what could be causing this? Do I need to add ethernet configurations to override the faulty WiFi connection?

Activate your debug SSH. In debug SSH, go to /mnt/state/root-overlay/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/ and delete all the files in there using rm command

https://developers.home-assistant.io/docs/en/hassio_debugging.html

Reboot