How to Set Parameter 6 on HomeSeer HS-WS200+ switches?

I have a number of HomeSeer HS-WS200+ Z-Wave switches in my house and would like to set parameter 6 to a value of “1” to disable central scene. This effectively makes switching instant as it removes the delay since the switch doesn’t have to wait for multiple taps.

This parameter is only available in the most recent firmware version for this switch. Because of this (I’m assuming), Z-Wave JS does not support changing this parameter. I even tried using the developer tools to do it–it simply doesn’t recognize that parameter.

So… two questions:

1. Is it possible to set this parameter within Home Assistant?
  2. If not, is it possible to set this parameter otherwise? I.e., is there an application I can run (Windows preferred, but could manage Linux) where I could access the Z-Wave controller to manually set this variable?

Go to Open your Home Assistant instance and show your service developer tools.

Use the zwave_js.invoke_cc_api service to manually call the Driver CC API to set config parameters.

service: zwave_js.invoke_cc_api
data:
  command_class: '112'
  method_name: set
  parameters:

The first item in the parameter list is the parameter number, the second is the value to set, and the third is the size of the parameter (1-byte).

You can copy and paste that YAML code into the Services YAML mode, then switch to UI mode and select your device.

Consider submitting a Bug Report to request that the new parameter be added (or even better, submit a PR to implement it) for the benefit of the community. Z-Wave JS has the ability to present config parameters based on firmware versions.

zwavejs2mqtt also provides the ability to perform this same task in an easier manner via its control panel UI.

That is perfect–thanks so much. I never would have figured that out on my own. I was able to update around 13 devices within seconds.

I also submitted a bug report to see if we can get it added to Z-Wave JS for future use. Thanks again for your help.