How to STOP that horrible "Localized naming" of new entities

Adding this without any warning or possibility to STOP that behaviour, is really a BAD idea :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

This new feature is just horribly mixing tons of english named entities with something i DO NOT WANT !

:rage: :rage: :rage:

Eddy (Belgium)

2 Likes

Could you explain what’s upsetting you?

Is it not clear enough ? “mixing tons of english named entities with something
”

Having tons of english named entities and now, new entities for same kind of devices being named in french
 what is that for the most :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: idea ?
I want the choice to NOT have such a crazy mix in entities naming.

I haven’t noticed this yet, but if that is what happens then I completely agree with this.
Just like there was disapproval when the companion app forced to be in local language, there will probably be a lot of disapproval with this.

I like using English to make sure I can copy paste my config/automations etc. and get help.
Also just googling in local language is more challenging than English.

1 Like

Set your language on English (GB) when adding new devices.

3 Likes

Yes Francis, thanks for this workaround. But an option somewhere in the settings would have been preferable and not suddenly ON by default :smiling_face_with_tear:

Sorry if I’m being dense but no it’s not clear enough.

What do you mean by “mixing tons of english named entities with something”? Maybe an example would help explain what you mean.

Is this something that just happened in the latest release?

Hi !
I don’t know if this feature was introduced very recently but i have to add new power plugs with sensors. I already made in the past a bunch of automations and scripts for the same model.
So with the new ones, instead of just copy the old code and change the plug number for the new automations and scripts, i have to do much more work and most important: it’s no longer homogeneous !
And even more problematic: looks like these “translated localized naming” is a work in progress so there is a mix of english and localised langage (in my case french).
Example of entities related to this kind of power plug TS011F a few month ago:

Please, have a look at the entities IDs:

and actually:

1 Like

Ok, thanks for clarifying.

Yeah I could see how that would be less than optimal.

I guess nothing has changed about this so
 this is staying “as is”.

Terrible. Horrible.

Who the f***k applies translations to fields used as IDs, references or anything relational? I just re-added some devices and now
 I have to look around all my automations and replace its IDs where used!

Has anyone thought just a little bit about this before implenting it?

I guess they can remove translations and language support for most us. We’ve just been forced to use english as language.

One more time HA core team proves that this project is open source, yes, but not community driven at all (as they tend to say).

2 Likes