I would like to switch on a light at sunset and off at midnight. In other words - so that it is on during this period, except if someone switches it off manually.
I know how to switch it on:
- id: 'lumieres_salon_nuit'
- event: sunset
- service: homeassistant.turn_on
I have doubts with the
off part. The documentation states that
The time condition can test if it is after a specified time, before a specified time or if it is a certain day of the week
I would like to make the action when the time arrives (so at 00:00), not after. Specifically, I do not want the light to be switched off all the time after midnight:
- if it is on at midnight, I want it to go off
- if I switch it back after midnight, I do not want the automation to switch it off again, just because it is after midnight.
My question is how to correctly describe these two different states:
- ensure that the light is on, no matter what, between sunset and midnight (= if someone switches it off, switch it back on immediately)
- ensure that the light will be switched on at sunset, then switched off at midnight (and nothing else, just these two atomic actions)