How to sync a button with a state sensor?

Hi everyone,

I’m using a button to open and close my garage door from HA mobile.

But my wife is also using the physical button (remote control) of the garage door.

Consequence : The button does not sync with the current state of the door :

For instance :

Opening with HA : OK
etat 1

Then my wife use its remote control to close the door.

This is what I get then :

• state closed but button still “on”

etat 2

PS: i’m also dealing with the fact that if I want to stop the garage door during the closing, I can do it but need to pulse twice to close definitely the door due to this problem…

Thanks for the help!!!

Is there a reason you are using a toogle/boolean for “Overture/Fermeture” instead of a button or input button?

to be honest, I don’t know, it was working like this so kept it. Should I change it ? What do you think?

How is the boolean connected to the function of the door? An Automation? We’ll need the details to help you figure out a better approach, if there is one.

like this

w/o automation

If you don’t have an automation, what connects the “Garage trigger” entity to the actual function of the door?

Sorry but I don’t following you. I have a zigbee garage door opener which give me 2 entities : sensor + switch. I just add the 2 of them in the card, that’s it

well probleme solved with automations, maybe not the quickest but works !

1 automation to control if the sensor state is open “on” then => call service / trigger ON the device
1 automation to control if the sensor state is open “off” then => call service / trigger OFF the device