How to synchronize scenes order in different lights

Hi.

I wanted to share this small piece, partly because I haven’t found any notion about this anywhere and also because I want to remember how I did it :smiley:

Basically, I had 3 IKEA Tradfri lights, controlled via Zigbee2MQTT but also controlled by a controller using binding. I had an annoying problem - the order of the scenes was different in different bulbs, so e.g. when I pressed left button to change a scene, this was happening (A is a first bulb and B is a second one):

1. switch on via button, A and B are at the same color due to automation setting coolest color
2. left button press to change a scene
3. A goes to scene 1, B goes to scene 2
4. left button press to change a scene
5. A goes to scene 2, B goes to scene 3
6. left button press to change a scene
7. A goes to scene 3, B goes to scene 1

and so on. I couldn’t figure out how to synchronize but then I had an idea, that the bulbs likely remember their last scene, therefore I need them to have the same state at one point.

The way how I did was simply getting bulb A into scene 1, disconnecting it from power (by taking it out from the socket), then changing bulb B into scene 1 as well and :tada: .

You could probably also do it via manually selecting a scene for the specific bulb e.g. via Zigbee2mqtt commands / UI.