How to test the OZW Beta without fully switching over

He may have other things in there like battery sensors, etc, but yes you’re integration looks correct.

1 Like

So I am trying to dip my toes in the water here, but I’m confused by how many different addons there are.
Which addon to use for a supervised install to try out the 1.6 beta?

Yea, I have some lots devices (zigbee and zwave ones, with some entities on each one)…

The imho very oddish/awkward thing is that after have switched to ozw/mqtt official addon I had renamed all my mqtt entities on ha…
I have been spending two day now renaming all my things…

With the current seemingly Hassio ozw addon only issue (crashes) i think i might have to give your install a whirl or just run within my separate docker environment.

It’s the official one

Edit: Solved, answer end of post

I’ve fully switcht over to the OZW Beta. Have a few fibaro dimmer 2’s, had to delete en re-add 2 of them, but they are all working fine now. Only since going over I have an issue with the aeotec multisensor 6 zw100 reporting motion. It only reports motion for a few seconds.

See the following image:

• In Green the period the sensor should roughly have been triggered.
  • In Red the sensor did report motion.

When I googled this issue, I did read alot of these issues were related to parameter 5 being set too “Basic Set”, I did already changed this too “Binary Sensor Report”.

This didn’t change anything, still reporting motion only for a few seconds.

Following thing I did was update the firmware from v1.12 --> v1.13, this did not help either.

Also what I don’t really understand is, I cannot change parameter 101 “Group 1 Reports”

Edit: Found it!

Was using the entity in the red circle:
“binary_sensor.multi_sensor_xxxxxxx_home_security_motion_detected”
and needed to the entity in the green circle:
“binary_sensor.multi_sensor_xxxxxxx_sensor”

Important is that the sensor parameter 5 needs to be set toe “Binary Sensor Report”, otherwise the green entity doesn’t report anything. What did confuse me was that the entity in red was called motion"", which caused me to think that was the motion detection. The entity in green was called “sensor”, which at first made me to think that was the status of the sensor or something like that. By looking at the history page off home assistant made me realize that the entity in green was exactly reporting the motion. Sow now using this entity in my automations again, and everything is working flawlessly aigain.

Now I’m happy that I made the change to OpenZWave, it is working really well and stable now.

Okay, thanks for replying. I appreciate it.

Hey everyone, searched the forum but could not find the answer (or searched in the wrong place). How can I remove dead nodes in OZW Beta?

You should be able to select the node in the control panel and hit the delete node button:

That initiates a delete node command and you need to press the adopt button on the physical device, but in my case the devices are no longer available and need to be hard removed.

You need to publish a command via MQTT example:

topic: OpenZWave/1/command/removefailednode/
payload: {"node": 49}

3 Likes

I cutover to the new beta this weekend. So far so good. Beforehand I had updated my battery devices to a 600 second refresh. Now I am cut over I would like to put them back to the 3600 seconds that they were using before.

Question: How to I update them?

thanks!

The easiest is to use the ozw-admin tool.

I’m running Proxmox with a vm for Home Assistant OS. The usb stick is passed through into the vm as

device: /dev/serial/by-id/usb-0658_0200-if00

When I go into Supervisor / OpenZWave / Open Web UI I get this

What should I be picking to connect to the usb stick?

Thanks

Pick the “Remote OZWDaemon” amd just keep “localhost” and port as they are, and click “Start”
(If you installed the “all in one” docker for OZW).

If you are running ozw-admin directly on a different computer, add the IP-address to your OZW-docer in the “Remote Host” field.

Selecting that I got an error. I did find where to update that if it helps anyone else. It was in File / Preferences / Network Tab and then I updated it to 2000.

I was able to find where to update the polling interval. Thank you!!

So after dreading moving over to the new integration for weeks it ended up being trivial. Fine, I had to manually rename entities to match the original but it was an opportunity to do an audit and see what I actually had. I also did some cleanup.

Thanks to all involved in this integration. Happy customer here.

1 Like

HI, i followed the instructions and i get a message saying:

You have more than one OpenZWave instance running. Which instance would you like to manage?

and there is nothing else in the window to select. I already stopped the network on the zwave integration.

Ideas?

This usually happens when the MQTT integration isn’t configured.

it is configured and all my MQTT devices working as expected