How to uninstall matter / is it blocking HAOS 11 install?

Hello,
a while back I installed the matter beta to see what I could learn. In the end it failed to do anything and I went back to connecting to the matter smart plug via the HomeKit integration. I have since been ignoring the broken service.

Today I was running some updates, the latest core ran without issue, but the HAOS 11 failed.

Could the matter error be blocking the HAOS update?

Current software levels:

Home Assistant 2023.10.3
Supervisor 2023.10.0
Operating System 10.5
Frontend 20231005.0 - latest

Matter Integration:
Shows this in the integrations section

Similar error is logged during startup

Addon core_silabs_multiprotocol with version latest does not exist in the store

I didn’t see those messages until I tried the HAOS upgrade.

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: components/websocket_api/commands.py:226
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 13:02:13 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 13:02:13

[547343511360] Error updating Home Assistant Operating System: Can't fetch OTA update from https://github.com/home-assistant/operating-system/releases/download/11.0/haos_yellow-11.0.raucb: Cannot connect to host github.com:443 ssl:default [Connection reset by peer]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/update.py", line 212, in async_install
    await async_update_os(self.hass, version)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/handler.py", line 53, in _wrapper
    raise HassioAPIError(data["message"])

homeassistant.components.hassio.handler.HassioAPIError: 
Can't fetch OTA update from https://github.com/home-assistant/operating-system/releases/download/11.0/haos_yellow-11.0.raucb: 
Cannot connect to host github.com:443 ssl:default [Connection reset by peer]

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 226, in handle_call_service
    await hass.services.async_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 2012, in async_call
    response_data = await coro
                    ^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 2049, in _execute_service
    return await target(service_call)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 235, in handle_service
    return await service.entity_service_call(
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 876, in entity_service_call
    response_data = await _handle_entity_call(
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 948, in _handle_entity_call
    result = await task
             ^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/update/__init__.py", line 157, in async_install
    await entity.async_install_with_progress(version, backup)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/update/__init__.py", line 432, in async_install_with_progress
    await self.async_install(version, backup)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/update.py", line 214, in async_install
    raise HomeAssistantError(
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Error updating Home Assistant Operating System: Can't fetch OTA update from https://github.com/home-assistant/operating-system/releases/download/11.0/haos_yellow-11.0.raucb: Cannot connect to host github.com:443 ssl:default [Connection reset by peer]

Before trying to diagnose further the HAOS upgrade failure, I would like to delete matter integration. Know ZHA and Matter are closely related. So are there any risks to my ZHA integration if I just press the (Matter) uninstall button?

I have a similar issue, I’ve installed MatterServer Beta a while ago and now I want to deinstall it. I’ve stopped the server, disabled the service, but after a reboot the MS server is back again. Any thoughts how to permanently remove the server?

Problem solved for me:

• stop MS server
  • prevent it from auto starting
  • disabled the service
  • deleted the service (UI->Settings->Devices & Services-> three dots)
  • deleted the integration

Now, after a restart, the Beta server is gone…