Howto Enabled GIEX QT06 and GX02 water valve timer over ZHA in Home Assistant

Hi,

I bought the new GIEX GX02 Water timer valve and finally got it to work with Home Assistant and ZHA with Quirks, and I wanted to share it with you. The instructions you can find here.

Have a great day

Christian

Hi!

Nice! You should open a PR here Pull requests · zigpy/zha-device-handlers · GitHub now to add it to HA

Thank you very, very much. I have followed the instructions and all is working well. Only change needed was to drop the leading slash in the quirks directory definition in the configuration.yaml file.

Hello thanks for tutorial,

I’m a newbie en HA, I’m trying to make it work this valve with HA but i have this error:

Enregistreur: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:273
S’est produit pour la première fois: 11:45:27 (1 occurrences)
Dernier enregistrement: 11:45:27

Setup failed for ‘zha’: Invalid config.

and this:

Enregistreur: homeassistant.config
Source: config.py:1324
S’est produit pour la première fois: 11:45:27 (1 occurrences)
Dernier enregistrement: 11:45:27

Invalid config for ‘zha’ at configuration.yaml, line 19: ‘chemin_base de données’ is an invalid option for ‘zha’, check: zha->chemin_base de données, please check the docs
Invalid config for ‘zha’ at configuration.yaml, line 21: ‘activate_quirks’ is an invalid option for ‘zha’, check: zha->activate_quirks, please check the docs
Invalid config for ‘zha’ at configuration.yaml, line 23: ‘chemin_quirks_personnalisé’ is an invalid option for ‘zha’, check: zha->chemin_quirks_personnalisé, please check the docs at

My HA look like this:

Loads default set of integrations. Do not remove.

default_config:

Load frontend themes from the themes folder

frontend:
#themes: !include /config/themes/ios-themes/ios-themes.yaml
themes: !include_dir_merge_named themes

automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml

Anyone have an idea where i’m missed ?

opened PR here: Add support for Giex GX02 Water Valve by DavHau · Pull Request #3124 · zigpy/zha-device-handlers · GitHub